marinero12

• marinero12
      marinero12
      Silver
      I am an English man who has retired to Spain. I used to play on Full tilt but they have closed down and I have now opened an account with PKR. I am not that good a player and play mostly NL 2cent 4 cents. I prefer to play tournaments because I get more play for my money. I tend to fund my tournament play with money gained at the cash tables. I recently started playing 5 cent 10 cent short stack and was quite successful.
      I hope this course will make me a better player. I know where I loose most money that is chasing the run or the flush when someone already has the made hand.
  • 12 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi marinero12,

Welcome to our Beginners Course!

Looking forward to see your first home work :)

Ingrid
    • marinero12
      marinero12
      Silver
      Hi Ingrid

It would seem I am too late to join I have just been reading on another page that the school is closed as it is full.
      Sorry to bother you.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Nope, you aren't late ;) That was a group page of last school. This is whole new school, and everyone can join, whenever they can or want.

Good luck in school ;) You can check this board: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1611.

You'll find a lot of important information there. Also, don't forget about coaching, which is tomorrow and about homeworks.

Good luck in school. Anything you need to know - just ask here. Mods, coaches or any other member from the school will be glad to hep you ;)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      thanks for the help staktas! :f_love: you've been really wonderful around here, dont think i didnt notice! ;) members like you make me sooo happy to be in this community. :f_love:

i hope everything is clear now marinero12? cmon and join! everyone is welcome :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      thanks for the help staktas! :f_love: you've been really wonderful around here, dont think i didnt notice! ;) members like you make me sooo happy to be in this community. :f_love:

i hope everything is clear now marinero12? cmon and join! everyone is welcome :)

smiles,
      wendy

+1 :heart:
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN

smiles,
      wendy

That's all because of you! You ridiculously helpful and awesome mods! :f_love: No, but serious, nowhere in the internet I've seen Mods team that work like this, tries to help and solve any problem member has. I just can't help myself, to help you do your job, by helping them (yo dawg :megusta: ). Keep the good work coming ;)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by staktas
      Originally posted by IngridN

smiles,
      wendy

That's all because of you! You ridiculously helpful and awesome mods! :f_love: No, but serious, nowhere in the internet I've seen Mods team that work like this, tries to help and solve any problem member has. I just can't help myself, to help you do your job, by helping them (yo dawg :megusta: ). Keep the good work coming ;)
      We are very thankful to you and I'm indeed a very lucky HeadAdmin with all the beauty blue avatars flying around the forum trying to genuinely help. :f_love:
    • marinero12
      marinero12
      Silver
      What is your motivation for playing poker?

I like playing Poker for the fun of it. I enjoy pitting my wits and skill against other players and I get a rush with a big win. I have to win money in order to play because I do not have an endless supply of cash.

What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I consider my weaknesses are chasing the straight and flush against someone with an already made hand. It pays off well when I hit but costs me dear when I don’t. However I am getting better as I no longer hang on for that one miracle card.
      My other weakness when I have made my hand, is only seeing my hand and not seeing the possible hands other players might have.

What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?

You only go in with a small percentage of hands and they are the top starting hands for the position you are playing. Being aggressive with your bets is putting the other players on the back foot and they have to think of what you have in your hand. So it could well make better hands than yours fold because they think you have a very strong hand.
    • marinero12
      marinero12
      Silver
      Thanks for your help Staktas
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello marinero12,

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands. We will start writing feedback to your play. And usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part.

Also about chasing I'd say that you definitely have to work on odds & implied odds. According to that you will get an overview when you should chase your draws and when not. :)

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.
    • marinero12
      marinero12
      Silver
      Hi I am having a problem getting in to the locker room as it asks for a password and I do not know it and can not find it anywhere. I manage to get to this page because I saved it as a favorite on my computer. Can any body help please.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by marinero12
      Hi I am having a problem getting in to the locker room as it asks for a password and I do not know it and can not find it anywhere. I manage to get to this page because I saved it as a favorite on my computer. Can any body help please.
      You are in Locker Room. :) This is the Locker Room which you will be using, the old one is just for old students which will be removed soon.