Stack
      Hero:
      $2.1
      MP1:
      $2.15
      CO:
      $0.6

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 9:heart: , 9:diamond:
      Hero calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.58, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.58, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($1.23) Q:club: , 8:heart: , 7:spade:
      Turn: ($1.23) 2:diamond:
      River: ($1.23) 3:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.23

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of nines (9h 9d)
      CO shows (5h 5s)

Hero wins with a pair of nines (9h 9d)

Hi veriz,

Is this a dumb move?
      Well, he's midstack and usually they would raise with any pp's and Aces suited, thought I could call here.

Board: Q:club: 8:heart: 7:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG+1  48.83%  48.32%   0.51% { 9d9h }
      CO     51.17%  50.67%   0.51% { 22+, AJs+, KQs, AQo+ }

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Yeah, I'd be really inclined to raise with 99 from UTG. They are still pretty strong hand and vs his stack we could easily even go broke. :P

But as played do you expect him to shove with pure crap? Most likely it's a flip anyways while we even don't know him. If I would have the decision rather to take the flip or not I guess I'd go just for a fold while I was passive with limping.

Best regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      99 raise from UTG? In the chart it says to fold. To tell you truth I don't understand why we need to fold weaker PPs from UTG. You can still go for set value. Anyway I limp weaker PPs a lot from UTG should I change it to raise? Or this only apply for 99?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cpers
      99 raise from UTG? In the chart it says to fold. To tell you truth I don't understand why we need to fold weaker PPs from UTG. You can still go for set value. Anyway I limp weaker PPs a lot from UTG should I change it to raise? Or this only apply for 99?
      Yeah, for my the 99 is way too strong for just limping. :) You are ahead most of the calling range and most likely even any PPs which Call you. Plus you can take down the pot right preflop. In case you hit your set you will even easier get the money. :) But of course it ain't a must to raise them. The chart ain't "MUST FOLLOW" chart. :D You gonna adjust to that on your later game anyways.