This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] flop a set

• w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Party
      SB ($10.23)
      BB ($10.30)
      Hero ($11.34)
      UTG+1 ($11.05)
      UTG+2 ($2.23)
      MP1 ($9.45)
      MP2 ($10.39)
      CO ($23.94)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero 6:club: 6:diamond:

Hero calls $0.10, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.10, fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, BTN raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.50, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.55) 5:diamond: A:spade: 6:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.98, Hero calls $0.98

TURN ($3.51) 5:diamond: A:spade: 6:heart: 7:spade:

Hero bets $2.50, BTN calls $2.50

RIVER ($8.51) 5:diamond: A:spade: 6:heart: 7:spade: 7:heart:

Hero bets $6.06, BTN folds

Hero shows 6:club: 6:diamond:

Hero wins $8.09

at the flop i was thinking like there was no need to check raise for protection the board was not that scary
      at the turn maybe my donk bet was not a good idea but maybe it was i did not want him to check behind
      and at the river maybe i bet it to much :(
  • 2 replies
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      We were slowplaying our set, so yeah leading on the turn is not good. But it's easyer to spot it when we analysing :D

During the hand we must be thinking "OMG straight completed!! What to do? err... I wont let him see 4th straight card!!"
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello w4terman,

Against what kind of opponent are we against? Might even just Check/Raise the flop if I expect the opponent to continue with Ax here anyways. Check/Calling puts us into marginal spots and we wont know what to do on turn. One option would be as well to even donk the flop. :P

But as played I don't think that I would change much, most likely play the same way. The bet size on river might make him Call but I guess he just very likely didn't have the Ax.

Best regards.