[NL2-NL10] NL2 missed straight

• Jaccuzzi
      Jaccuzzi
      Bronze
      I was card dead for a while so i thought i try to keep my image at table as aggresive player and raised with KJo preflop. And on flop i hit OESD so i tried to inflate pot a little bit. But ended up missing my straight, so should i bet the river as block bet is it profitable in such situation?
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.06
      CO:
      $2.15

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:spade: , J:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.08, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) Q:diamond: , T:club: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, CO calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.47) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, CO raises to $0.32, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($1.11) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.2, CO raises to $0.85, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.16
  • 4 replies
    • qwertybochan
      qwertybochan
      Silver
      check/fold imho
      if he doesn't fold to 2 barrels what does he fold on such river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jaccuzzi,

The bet sizing on turn is pretty horrible. You might even easily induce yourself to raise. So therefore if you even want to 2nd barrel then do it properly.

As played why do you even bet the river? No worse will fold anyways against such a bet size. Never-ever.

Best regards.
    • Jaccuzzi
      Jaccuzzi
      Bronze
      to be honest i tried to do something like a block bet (to bet to see where i stand) but i think i need to read theory another time because i don't know how to put it to practice. That time it looked good choice but now that i think i should done it if i had like Tx.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jaccuzzi
      to be honest i tried to do something like a block bet (to bet to see where i stand) but i think i need to read theory another time because i don't know how to put it to practice. That time it looked good choice but now that i think i should done it if i had like Tx.
      Block-betting is usually on river. :) When you just avoid the opponent to make huge bluffs or anything similar. But not where you on turn practically just telling that you have a weak hand or a draw. :(