$4.83
      BU (Hero):
      $2.19
      SB:
      $1.52
      BB:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.14, 3 folds, CO calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.33) J, 2, 6 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.16, CO calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.65) 9 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.20, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($1.45) Q (2 players)
      CO bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Final Pot: $3.45.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(Ah Ad).
      CO shows three of a kind, jacks(Jc Jh).

CO wins with three of a kind, jacks(Jc Jh).

All the time I was putting him on QQ or KK I was playing very tight, the turn raise made me think that he does have QQ or KK and thinks I'm bluffing so he reraises me, so comes the river and now if he did have the QQ he has hit his set, so know I just call to see the bad news, so when should I have noticed I don't have the best hand and should have laid it down?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Krishjanis,

Preflop: You have to raise it bigger here. Just min-raise doesn't work. You are giving perfect odds to call with any cards. I'd raise ~$0,18 at least. Might even do a bit bigger.

As played
      Flop: Why so smallish CBet? I'd definitely bet a bit bigger ~$0,24 or something similar. We still want to get value.

As played
      Turn: And this kind of bet could easily even induce him to raise you. To avoid that rather bet a normal bet size and then reevaluate further actions.

As played
      River: What hands do you expect to beat here? Against his 3bet-calling range I don't think that we beat a lot of holdings here. While he even makes it almost all-in on river. But overall should have played whole different game and wouldn't even have such a situation. Here as we played it this passively I am folding my hand. While I don't see many holdings which we beat.

Best regards.