Rake in steps

• Superhippo
      Superhippo
      Bronze
      Hi I'm just wondering about the set up in steps.

I started of with playing 0.10 + 0.01
      and have been going up and down the steps, so far I´m on step 5
      what I´m wondering about is that you get a token worth the buy in + rake of next step,
      does the rake of the token count towards paying back the start up 50$ and ps points?
  • 26 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Superhippo

As you said the token is worth the buyin + the rake. You do pay the rake normally and it does count towards the clearing of the starting capital and hte PS points

Best of luck at the tables

Regards

Thazar
    • Superhippo
      Superhippo
      Bronze
      Thanks
    • Hamlet77
      Hamlet77
      Bronze
      Hi thazar.

Could you please confirm/double check this?

I have been playing Steps at Poker770 too, and I am not getting Poker770 Points for the rake at any step IF I register to that steps with a Step-Ticket

My understandin is that I get 5 PokerStrategy Points per 1 Poker770 Point, but if Steps are not giving me Poker770 Points, then what hapens with PokerStrategy Points?

I opened this other thread but I have not received an answer yet:
      Any good reason why....

I havent contacted Poker770 Support yet. First I want to hear from PokerStrategy folks.

Thanks
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Hamlet

I will look into it although the support from Poker770 did say that it did not count in the thread quoted above.

Best regards

Thazar
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hamlet,

With Poker770, you'll earn 5 StrategyPoints per $1 of rake you produce.

Since you don't actually pay any rake when using a steps ticket, you don't earn StrategyPoints for those tournaments.

Does that make sense?

Marc
    • Hamlet77
      Hamlet77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarcPS
      Does that make sense?
      Hi Marc.
      Im sorry but I got to say that it does not make any sense at all.
      Everytime we play a Step tournament we are fighting for a token that has a value well desglosed as a buyin + fee... So where is that "fee" going to?

When they issue a token they are not giving any gift. Every cent has its own value. Every cent comes from someones`s pocket and it is going to end at someone`s else pocket too.

I have played Step SnG at PokerStars, Fulltilt and Ongame and some other third world poker sites. I even have beat them at PokerStars and Ongame, and they all issue their respective points no matter if it is by tokens or cash, no matter the level or how expensive the value of the buyin.

So, why would it make sense when iPoker/Poker770 takes a $5 fee from a token valued $55 that the player has worked so hard to earn and not to grant their respective points?... and even worst, that also affects the pokerstrategy points!
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hey Hamlet,

I can see your argumentation line quite clearly here.

I'll ask our Key Account Manager for Poker770 to check the status with them and see if we can get an extended statement here.

Thanks for pointing this out and I'll be back with an update asap.

Best,

Marc
    • redvel
      redvel
      Bronze
      Or to put it in other words, if you play $10+$1, it shouldn't really matter if $1 rake is paid from your deposit, cash winnings, token won, etc. It should always count as $1 rake paid, no matter what. If you had not paid that rake, you wouldn't be in that trny at all.

So, you pay it, you get points for it, period. There's no excuse for not counting it.
    • Hamlet77
      Hamlet77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarcPS
      Hey Hamlet,

I can see your argumentation line quite clearly here.

I'll ask our Key Account Manager for Poker770 to check the status with them and see if we can get an extended statement here.

Thanks for pointing this out and I'll be back with an update asap.

Best,

Marc
      Hi Marc.
      I guess we are still waiting to hear from our Poker770 "Key"Account Manager.
      Thanks for your efforts in handling this issue and bring it up to best resoucers in order to get a solution

I would like to add some more value to my argument that we should be receiving points from iPoker / Poker770 (and also we should be receiving PokerStrategy points) for tournaments played with tokens.

Here it is.. even in their own Poker770 cashier report it shows the real value of the token:

We are looking forward to hear from you and Poker770.
      Thanks again!
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hi Hamlet,

Sorry for the delay here.

Poker770 have intimated that this is an ipoker policy and are now pushing their partner for a more detailed explanation.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Best,

Marc
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hi Hamlet,

Poker770 indeed pressed iPoker for an explanation, but were simply told that this was an iPoker policy decision and there was nothing they could do here.

We'll keep this topic on our radar and if we acquire further information, we'll let you know.

Best,

Marc
    • eteris
      eteris
      Silver
      I was looking at those step SnGs and in step 7 for first place you get 215$ token for Sunday 200.000$ tournament. can you unregister from this tournament and get like tournament $ like in other sites. and can you unregister from other steps? if no, what's the point of those tournaments if you get no points for playing them and you get no money from them...?
    • support770
      support770
      Bronze
      Hi eteris,

The steps SNG structure allow us to offer our players a kind of a “Survival” SNG promotion with a buy-in of as little as a few cents at the first level. A player who finishes in the first places can always progress to the next step or play the same level of steps again and again, all at the entrance cost of the first level.

The goal of the Steps competition is to win a free invitation to the Sunday $200 K Guaranteed worth $215 where a guaranteed prize pool of $200,000 is for grabs.

Do not forget that this is a competition based on tokens, therefore should you still have free tokens for other inferior levels (like Step 2, Step 3, etc) you can always use them to register to other tournaments that have the same buy-in+fee. For a complete list of the Step tokens and the tournaments to which you can register using them, please follow the link below:

http://poker770.com/en/tournaments/promo/361

Don’t hesitate to write us at support@poker770.co.uk should you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Yoanna

Customer Support770
    • eteris
      eteris
      Silver
      so I understand that let's say I have Step 5 token (10+1). with that token I can register to normal SnG $10+1?
    • Hamlet77
      Hamlet77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by support770
      The goal of the Steps competition is to win a free invitation to the Sunday $200 K Guaranteed worth $215 ...
      What the F.... Free??? what concept of "FREE" you have?
      We are not playing for anything "FREE"... everyone playing steps is paying a buyin and a fee to participate at all the step levels.

If someone wins a Token, Poker770 nor iPoker is contributing or giving anything free or giving any gift as part of that token... that token was payed by all the players who payed a buyin and fee in the previous steps...
      The Step7 $215 Token was payed all by the players,... not by Poker770 or iPoker

THERE IS NOTHING FREE SIR. NOTHING!

NOTE: PokerStars Steps give frequent players points no matter if the buyin was with cash or ticket... and actually I remember PokerStars DOES put some money at for FREE at Step2.
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      I'm with Hamlet on this one, all the sites that i've played on we get points from the tickets, please get 770 to fix this, i might reconsidering not playing or not play as much on this flaw. oh ya not only does PS give free money FTP gave free money in their qualifiers too
    • tatisan
      tatisan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by support770
      Hi eteris,

The steps SNG structure allow us to offer our players a kind of a “Survival” SNG promotion with a buy-in of as little as a few cents at the first level. A player who finishes in the first places can always progress to the next step or play the same level of steps again and again, all at the entrance cost of the first level.

Thank you,

Yoanna

Customer Support770

Wrong! A player progresses to the next step at the cost of his time, skills, buyin and the FEE that he pays at every single level.
      Since rake is deducted in every single tournament so should points be awarded.
      Its a funny thing. The players get a shot at a "free" invitation worth $215 for "as little as a few cents" while the players pays good dollars in rake along the way. Now thats a room that takes care of its players!
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      guys, it's simple, just boycott this site if this isn't fixed, i'm pretty sure i could spend my time on other important things than grind micro steps lol. every other site offers points on their tickets and it seems that's like the standard but oh wait not sure why ipoker would deviate. and PS should stand behind the players and fight to the end and not just come up with some apologize message, "im sorry, that's the way it is, you are screwed"

support 770 just help us out for once, it will do good in the long term anyways, i know you can just make the change with a click of a button
    • support770
      support770
      Bronze
      Hi eteris,

Please be informed that you $11 worth of token can be used to register to the following tournaments:

1. $17,500 GP
      2. $6,000 GP
      3. Omaha Hi-Lo Freezeout
      4. PLO ($10+1) Freezeout
      5. $2,500 GP Freezeout
      6. Holde’m Limit Freezeout
      7. $1,500 GP-6 players per table - Freezeout
      8. $1,000 GP -6 player per table
      9. Freezeout ($10+1)
      10. Rebuy ($10+1)
      11. 6 player Freezeout
      12. $750 GP Rebuy
      13. $1000GP Freezeout
      14. $2,500 GP Rebuy
      15. $1,000 GP Freezeout
      16. $500GP PLO Rebuy
      17. $10 Turbo R/A
      18. $8,000 GP R/A
      19. $1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo
      20. Omaha Hi-Lo Freezeout
      21. $750 PLO Pixiu R/A

As for your rakeback complaint, please rest assured that we have forwarded it to our department in charge for further analysis.

Thank you for having chosen Poker770!

Regards,

Yoanna