Questions about ICM trainer

• YoursIsMGs
      YoursIsMGs
      Bronze
      1.: At ICM trainer there is an option ''hero's edge''. What does this option means?

2.: Why fold?
  • 4 replies
    • YoursIsMGs
      YoursIsMGs
      Bronze
      Another two questions. I hope someone will answer them.

1. Why fold here? With 4 big blinds left K8o at that situation isn't good enough? Stack size doesn't matter at ICM?

2, What those percents at every player means? ''Push range''? It means what? Probability to win from that position with those cards if going all in?
    • YoursIsMGs
      YoursIsMGs
      Bronze
      Why no one can answer my dumb questions? ?( ?( ?(
    • sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      Those % are their calling/pushing ranges(assuming they are playing perfect bubble). Try using equilator or pokerstove to match up those ranges and determine your equity. With enough practice, you should be able to identify the correct plays at one glance without going over the math.

Of course, the % are affected by your "Edge" which pretty much affects the pushing/calling ranges of your opps.(Someone please keep me honest on this).

ICM suggests that you fold your K8o particularly because of BBs wide calling range. Although, ICM says it's -EV, I think the situation still warrants a push as folding here would mean that you would lose FE in the next orbit. There are a lot of situations that you would be making incorrect ICM pushes(as a short stack) in order to save your FE as losing FE in the bubble is suicidal IMO.

Pushing with your A2o is too loose a push, you are not that short yet and your hand is not that strong to gamble with. Id probably push this with 7-8 BB on BU. Try playing with the numbers in ICM Trainer, change the stack sizes etc when you make an incorrect decision.
    • YoursIsMGs
      YoursIsMGs
      Bronze
      Thank you very very much. :)