[NL2-NL10] nl2 - JJ Passive Play

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Allowef too many opponents in the pot by just calling, but didn't want to raise & isolate myself against a stronger range.

Was happy to play check/fold on flop multi-way & with an Ace on board.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      UTG:
      $3.16
      UTG1:
      $1.9
      BU:
      $1.96

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , J:club:
      UTG calls $0.02, UTG1 calls $0.02, 5 folds, BU raises to $0.11, SB folds, Hero calls $0.09, UTG calls $0.09, UTG1 calls $0.09.

Flop: ($0.45) A:club: , 3:club: , 2:spade: (4 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG1 checks, BU bets $0.37, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.37.

Turn: ($1.19) 8:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.71, BU folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1.19
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I think you played this fine. However, your reasoning for flat calling his open raise is flawed, my reason for calling this would be to keep the fish in the pot (I'm assuming they're fish because they open limped :D ), as, despite our positional disadvantage, our skill advantage and card advantage outweighs this. When you're 3betting a BU raiser you can get called by all sorts of worse hands than JJ so if there were no fish in the pot to act behind you I'd 3bet this a lot of the time against the single raiser :)

On the flop your c/f is fine as well, the likelihood of one of them holding an ace is quite high and you certainly wouldn't be comfortable calling a second barrel if you floated this flop.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Players behind are no issue at all, its the button that caused me to think twice about raising.

His stats are 6/4, so his range is pretty narrow. If I raise and get called / raised I'm not happy about my hand really.

At least I figure by calling I get decent odds to set mine & perhaps bet for value on some nice low boards.