This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 - 88 Tricky spot

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Nothing really happens in hand :tongue:

Was thinking of betting myself on flop, but assuming its not a great spot?

Passive play by me may have allowed a bluff, can't be sure as I had to fold really given my line.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.93
      BB:
      $2.18
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8:spade: , 8:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, 3 folds, SB calls $0.06, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.21) J:heart: , J:club: , T:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.21) A:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.21, 2 folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.21
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Bet the flop. You are most likely even ahead there if nobody shows interest. As played nothing much to add. :(

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      When I have bet these flops before you question the point as I'm only getting called by better?

The difference is that I'm in position & play on flop suggests opponents are relatively weak here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Philfox1985
      When I have bet these flops before you question the point as I'm only getting called by better?

The difference is that I'm in position & play on flop suggests opponents are relatively weak here?
      Why do you think you are only getting called by better? There are a lot of draws which may Call you SD/FD and sometimes even GS with overcards.