Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $1.84
      Hero:
      $2.14

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.26, Hero calls $0.18.

Flop: ($0.53) K:diamond: , Q:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.72, BB raises to $1.58 (All-In), Hero calls $0.86.

Turn: ($3.69) 3:spade:
      River: ($3.69) 5:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.69

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, queens (Qh Qd)
      BB shows (Kc Qc)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, queens (Qh Qd)
      i reviewed this hand and im just not sure whether i should ever just call the raise here. i cant remember ever going broke preflop with QQ when playing BSS so that wasnt an option here. should i have called preflop?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Do you expect the opponent to fight back loosely? As I see he has a BBvsSteal of 60 so it's very likely that he is even able to have a very wide range. Therefore I don't mind your play at all. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      well at the time i just called because if i 3bet i would be looking to go broke (which is something i did not want to do with QQ) and i thought that folding felt too weak. this is all i thought about (i need to think more while playing) but looking back he may well have been restealing with a wider range so i suppose it makes sense in this situation but i just need to give it more thought. i generally don't really know exactly how to play QQ preflop against a 3bet so this is something i'll work on. thanks for the feedback!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If you expect the opponent to have a lot worse 3bet range here then the call is totally fine. The problem with 4betting is that he might just fold those all worse holdings and continue rather stronger ones.