This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] AKo 3bet doubled up

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      CO: 15/15/inf/17 41 hands

BU: 72/16/3.0/20 25 hands

VP/PF/AF/WTSD

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($14.02)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($5.40)
      viccini (SB) ($14.34)
      BB ($10.70)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) viccini is SB K:diamond: A:spade:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, viccini raises to $1.40, 1 fold, CO raises to $2.50, BTN folds, $1.1 to viccini ($12.94)?

I doubled up some times at this table but decided to keep playing mainly cause of the BU.

I decided to 3bet here mainly cause of the BU as well. I think he'll call me with many crap hands but unfortunally CO 4bets me and BU folds. What do I do now? Push? Call? I called but I don't think it's the best option.

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($14.02)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($5.40)
      viccini (SB) ($14.34)
      BB ($10.70)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) viccini is SB K:diamond: A:spade:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, viccini raises to $1.40, 1 fold, CO raises to $2.50, BTN folds, viccini calls $1.10

Flop: Q:heart: 10:heart: 4:spade: ($5.45, 2 players)
      viccini checks, CO bets $2.90, viccini folds

Final Pot: $8.35

CO wins $8.08 (net +$2.68)

BTN lost $0.35
      viccini lost $2.50

Post flop I just xf but I might have folded the best hand. How would you play this hand? (as I doubled up it became a BSS hand but I'm sure you can judge it as well ;) )

thx in advance!
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello,

Calling is definitly the worst play on his 4bet due the fact you are OOP, will miss a lot of times with your AK and will not stack QQ-TT if you hit a king or ace

Now the question is if he bets this big with AK/JJ and will fold to a check/shove. Basically it wouldn't hurt to check/shove sometimes as he will be puking with those hands + you block AA/KK & QQ by 50%

Sometimes it is also better to flat Pre and lead any Kxx/Axx board because you dont want to get into 4bet spots with CO + BU might be loose but sometimes he is just folding to 3bets

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hello,

Calling is definitly the worst play on his 4bet due the fact you are OOP, will miss a lot of times with your AK and will not stack QQ-TT if you hit a king or ace
      - Gerv
      Ok. And should I shove 100bbs here or just fold to the 4bet (assuming I 3betted instead of flating)?

Sometimes it is also better to flat Pre and lead any Kxx/Axx board because you dont want to get into 4bet spots with CO + BU might be loose but sometimes he is just folding to 3bets
      I think this was really the best option. Next time I'll think about flating instead of raising (at least with 100bb. With 40bb 3bet/shove would be ok, right?)

thx!!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      if you get 4bet after you sqz with AKo it is best to:

Shove >>>>> Fold >>>>> Call

Hope it make sense

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      if you get 4bet after you sqz with AKo it is best to:

Shove >>>>> Fold >>>>> Call

Hope it make sense

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Yeah, it makes sense! Actually I shouldn't 3bet with AK if I'm not willing to go broke with it after a 4bet, right?

thx again!