[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH QTs raising on blinds vs limper

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Not too happy with my overall play here, so feel free to flame away :D
      after this hand I immediately finished the session :P

I should add that the action on that table was pretty fast, people pretty much were insta-everything and mostly so was I :f_p:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,9
      BU:
      $2,89

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , T:heart:
      2 folds, BU calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,08, BB folds, BU calls $0,06.
      raise higher for value

Flop: ($0,18) A:heart: , J:spade: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,1, BU calls $0,10.

Turn: ($0,38) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,2, BU calls $0,20.

River: ($0,78) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero raises $1,52 (All-In), BU calls $1,52.
      hoping for J or lower flush, I believe he can level himself
      also I was pretty much insta-betting and he insta-calling, and I insta-shoved that too

Final Pot: $3,82

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows (As 5s)
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Qh 7h)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (Qh 7h)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Add to full stack. :P

Preflop: Yep, I'd very likely raise a bit bigger here.
      Postflop: Against that kind of station I guess it's pretty close either to bet the turn or not. The problem is that what kind of hand you are planning to make fold which called on flop? Jx may give him even trips not, Ax is very likely. I'd even consider Checking. But as played nothing much to add, against a station I don't mind even shipping.

Best regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      The thing is that Everest software kinda sucks and I can't find an auto top-up option. :D

About the hand...
      My postflop plan against him when I flopped FD+nutGS was to barrel and open shove if I hit.
      On the turn I don't really expect him to fold anything, but I think that even against him my hand is kinda face up on the river if the turn goes check/call or even check/check... and also I try to make it cheaper than it would be if he takes a stab for, like, $.30. If I'm going to call I may as well just lead cheaply and help disguise my hand a bit.
      Now of course my bet sizings make it obvious to observant players that I'm drawing OOP, but against that guy I don't really care about balancing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Guess if he is going to Call with such a hand on river then he is most likely no matter what calling on river. :D