CPU usage on 770

• Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      I bought a new laptop recently and have been playing with no problems for the last week on party poker and stars.
      I downloaded 770 for the free $7.70 and whenever I play the fan goes crazy and makes the laptop just shut off which I think is to prevent it overheating.

Im gonna take my craptop back to the shop anyway but has any1 else had a similar problem or know why this is happening?
  • 4 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Yoshimitsu77,

Doesn't sound good :(

I've never had this problem personally, is it just happening on Poker770? Do you play any other poker rooms and do these create the same problem?

Not sure what to suggest, but hopefully the repair shop will be able to identify the problem and sort it out quickly for you.

Bart
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      I played on party and stars with no problems at all.
      I just took the laptop back to the shop for a refund and will look to buy a different one soon, if no1 else has had this problem its gotta be the laptop.
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      It is the software.... and laptop together.

Your laptop probably came with a x64 operating system. Poker770 is crappy and not optimized to be played on the x64 OS-es. Also I think it's flash?
      Anyway it's nothing unusual that your CPU overheats on such softwares. It probably has to work on 100% cpu usage since the software has it's needs when emulating as a 32 bit application.

Anyways you could have fixed the issue easy but I also think it's always better to get a new laptop, who knows maybe the configuration was faulty
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zhusy
      It is the software.... and laptop together.

Your laptop probably came with a x64 operating system. Poker770 is crappy and not optimized to be played on the x64 OS-es. Also I think it's flash?
      Anyway it's nothing unusual that your CPU overheats on such softwares. It probably has to work on 100% cpu usage since the software has it's needs when emulating as a 32 bit application.

Anyways you could have fixed the issue easy but I also think it's always better to get a new laptop, who knows maybe the configuration was faulty
      the operating system could well have been the problem, been running 770 on my old laptop with no problems for the last few days. Ordered anoher laptop but will probably spew the rest of my roll on 770 anyway because the software is just horrible and making me not enjoy playing.