[NL20-NL50] nl25 fr - 77

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      This was at the very end of the session and unfortunately I was getting tired. I know I didn't play this that good but would like some constructive criticism here.

After this it was instant end of the pokersession at least, since he QUITE conveniently disconnected at the river getting a free showdown without having to pay....

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      BB:
      $34.42
      Hero:
      $35.92

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:club: , 7:spade:
      4 folds, Hero calls $0.25, 2 folds, BB checks.

I usually raise this first in but decided to change it up this time and just limp it since I've been raising QUITE alot.

Flop: ($0.60) 4:club: , 7:heart: , 8:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, BB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, BB raises to $8.00, Hero calls $3.50.

So, here.. Except from that I should've raised the pot the first time I raised, should I have called his 3bet?

Turn: ($16.60) Q:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $10, BB calls $10.00.

This was probably not that good, I think priority should've been to get to showdown as cheap as possible after the flop action, I didn't think the flush hit him so I wasn't afraid of that though.

River: ($36.60) K:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $17.

And yeah, here we can see the superdonk (me) in action yet again I guess, hehe.

Final Pot: $53.60

So what I want feedback and thoughts on is the flop, and how you would proceed after said action on the flop.
  • 5 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      You have no way off this, and pushing on the flop even would be ok. Set over set is just one of those things that happens, if this happened here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He won´t fold, after he 5-bet. Push flop
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah ok, so the flop play (except my call then) was fine I take it, well that's good to hear since I felt a bit unsure of how I played it afterwards, nevermind the outcome. The thing is that I actually didn't consider the hand he ended up having, 56, and I felt a bit unsure if he would really have 5bet with a 2pair except perhaps 78.

Oh well, if the only error I made (except perhaps not raising it preflop) was calling on the flop instead of shoving I guess it's ok, I just felt like I had reverted to the superdonk that was just overly aggressive :P , like I was when I started poker hehe.
    • Cojack123
      Cojack123
      Black
      Raise preflop you are in late position

Flop

BB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $1, BB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $6, BB raises to $8.00, Hero raises $17.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Ty Cojack