NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.86)
      BB ($8.30)
      UTG ($5.89)
      Hero ($10)
      CO ($10.85)
      BTN ($13.51)

Dealt to Hero 6:club: 6:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.95, fold, Hero calls $0.65

FLOP ($2) 9:spade: 5:club: 9:heart:

SB bets $1.27, Hero calls $1.27

TURN ($4.54) 9:spade: 5:club: 9:heart: J:diamond:

SB bets $2.90, Hero folds

SB wins $4.32

Villain is 15/15 with 14 3bet and af=inf.
      Is it ok to call 3bet in position not for the set value alone but to play a hand on some low board?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think call pf is fine.
      I´d personally would raise/fold flop, since you´re very often ahead there and I´m not really sure you want to call him down. Making small raise to 2.8$ would likely give you info if you´re ahead and if get called you can try going to showdown.
      As played. both folding and calling on the turn is fine. I´d likely would call since you get barreled there a lot by Ax hands, KQ, QT, T8, KT
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chrupens,

Actually against that wide 3bettor you can't Call here for set value. Of course we are some-what getting the implied odds like 16:1 but now again for the reason that he has a wide 3bet then we can't really Call for that.

Also we will have a lot of overcards on board and if he is such an opponent who is capable barrel a lot then we will have hard time Calling him. Which would be rather in my view to be a 4bet if he is really 3betting you a lot and you have some kind of bigger sample size or rather just fold it.

As played depends a lot. Do you consider him barreling a lot or not? If he is rather capable of barreling only the flop and not taking shots on good overcards on turn then your play is totally fine and most likely would have folded also.

Best regards.