gold status nl2 possible?

• Gantz189
      Gantz189
      Bronze
      Hi just started playing on Party Poker and I was curious of how realistic it is to reach gold status playing nl2. I currently play < 1000 hands/day

Correct me if i'm wrong here, the 300 bonus points would be equivalent to $15 rake ($0.5 x 30) and the last 200 points generated would be $57 (200/3.5) for a total of $72 rake?

Is this possible given the amount of hands i play? how many hands should i be aiming for roughly?

note: I don't know how much rake i'm generating atm. My first week playing :f_biggrin:

thank you
  • 7 replies
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Hey Gantz189,

Welcome to our community! Hope you're enjoying your stay! It is indeed possible to become a Gold member on Pokerstrategy.com playing 2nl. Thanks to the great promo where you get 10 bonus SP's on every day where you atleast get 1 SP it's even more easy. You are correct that you'd need to rake $57 (and change) to get the 200 points needed to add to the 300 bonus points. You need to take into account you'd need a minimum of 1 point every day of the month though, and from experience I know that can be hard.

I haven't got an idea on how many hands that would take you, but I'm going to find out for you and post it here :) A good indicator for how much rake you've generated may be the Partypokerpoints, as 1 Partypoint translates to $0.5 rake.

Just remember that you can do it, but that time management is pretty important to do so!

All the best,

NIVEKii
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hello, Gantz189

I'd like to comment briefly here, you counted "Correct me if i'm wrong here, the 300 bonus points would be equivalent to $15 rake ($0.5 x 30) and the last 200 points generated would be $57 (200/3.5) for a total of $72 rake?"

This isn't quite accurate.

You need to generate atleast 1 StrategyPoint per calendar day to receive 10 StrategyPoints bonus, but these are still points counted towards your status.

So you only need to generate 200 SP total if you gain the 10 free every day, the $1 / 3.5 SP rake generation required should put the total needed at $57.14ish, on my count.
      The difference in counting is you need atleast one StrategyPoint every single day to make sure you get the full 300.

Regards,
      Richard
    • Gantz189
      Gantz189
      Bronze
      Thanks for clearing that up. I misread and thought it was 1 point from the poker room to receive the 10sp haha.

Thank you both for helping :heart:
    • clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      How many tables are you playing? I am trying for gold just now this month. I'm currently at 354 but there were a few days that I didn't play and some other days I only played 500+ hands. Now I'm over 2000 every day on poker stars so I figure I can just make it this month. I want all that extra good stuff unlocked as I am about to move to NL5.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      I'am gold by playing about 30k hands NL2 on William Hills. It's easier here because $1 rake = 5 SP.

By the way, after reaching gold, I dont learn any gold videos/articles because it's beyond my limit. I think if we playing discipline, Bronze is enough to beat NL2.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Diamond status is possible you just need the heart!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      @targetme, thanks for popping by showing off your beauty Diamond avatar and @clandestineAl, patszerdonk for encouraging the newbies :)

Good luck Gantz, keep us updated with your adventures to Gold status!

Ingrid