[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH 98s

• staktas
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:heart: , 8:heart:
      MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.26) J:heart: , T:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, MP3 calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.58) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.58, Hero raises to $3.43 (All-In), MP3 calls $1.08 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($3.90) J:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.90

Ok, this play was terrible... Villain, although, not very big sample, but from vpip and pfr ratio we can see that he is calling station. Or something like this.

Flop is great for me, standard cbet.On the turn, i didn't hit, and i decided to check, and don't semi bluff anymore, because he's calling station and called flop, and in most cases will call turn again. So i checked, and then he bets. Now, I don't know why, but i started to thinking, maybe i should c/r AI for maximum fold equity and bla bla... wtf i was thinking.. it's calling station, and he's potting turn, i'm not sure if i have any fold equity at all..

Ok.. So what would be a good play? As played, should i just call the pot size bet on the turn? I can just take my pot odds of 2:1, and call pot sized bet, right?

And should i barrel turn again?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello staktas,

Most likely in those situations I'd rather just 2nd barrel while our hand is very strong. We don't want to go for Check/Call mode and see exactly that kind of spot where he even pots.

But of course going for Check/Call mode is also considerable but while he is rather passive then you can as well 2nd barrel since he might even sometimes drop some overcards or even weaker pairs. If he is passive then he wouldn't raise anyways without a very strong hand.

Best regards.