postgres trouble

• matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Hi I've downloaded the free trial of Holdem Manager but the database won't work. I've uninstalled it and downloaded it again. Apparently it's a problem with the password. I have followed the FAQ on their website but it gives me the same error.

Now when I load Holdem Manager it stops with this error:

The following error occurred when trying to open the database: FATAL: 3D000: database "holdemmanager" does not exist

Is it because the software does not have access to where the database is installed? It's the usual problem with Windows (can't wait to get a mac!)

Any ideas please?

thanks
  • 36 replies
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      You just need to use the "Create database" button at the bottom right corner.

Btw: HM doesn't support Mac
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      HEM itself doesn't start. It stops on the database control panel and then gets me the error.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      And in this window you should have a button "Create database" http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/190/Database+Management
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Thank you for your patience! But this is what I get when I press Connect:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Thats a different error than you posted in the beginning.

This means that there is no user postgres in your postgresql installation - did you install postgresql with Elephant?
      Then you need to change the login name from postgres to elephant and the Password to the one you use in Elephant (i think you can check it there under help -> info).
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Thanks netsrak it worked :)

Any idea why could the stats be inaccurate? For example it says that average stake is $11 but I never played higher than $5.50 this month.

Thanks so much!
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      MTT/SNG?

11$ is the default buyin HM uses if no other information is available from the handhistories. You can configure this under options->settings -> default buyin.

Which site are you playing?
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Everest. I've changed the default buy ins and rake. Do I have to Import them all over again? because no changes have been made to the stats
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      For Everest you need to edit everything manually and after complete set the finished flag.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Guna use this thread instead of making another, just downloaded the HEM trial, had some trouble similar to this with elephant which is why i downloaded the trial.

Ok so i get this message "The following error occured when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'."

I tried doing what i was told to do for elephant (which also didnt work) control panel -> services -> PostgreSQL Database -> start

to which i get this message "Windows could not start the PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service on local computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Also when i try to enter the password asked for by the HEM trial it says "A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?"

Also no i aint recently downloaded any security software ( been asked before).

Really want to get a solution to this problem as it seems to be the same problem as the elephant problem.

Thanks in advance :)
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      You need to copy the database connection data from your elephant (i think under help->info).
      After changing this press "connect" in the holdemmanager database management and create a new database.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Ok done that but then i get this message.

Not sure if the image has worked but basically it says Connection Error: No such host is known (after i put correct details in) and press connect.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      The host should be 127.0.0.1

Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones?

Please see our FAQ: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/339/Software+Security+Problems+%28Firewall%29
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Ok im guna try wat it says on the general firewall trouble as i use AVG and that isnt listed on there, i have malbytes anti-malware on my computer due to me getting a virus a while ago if that could effect anything.

Guna allow full internet access to the five processes but im not sure how i do that??
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Ok been on my AVG and edited it for some programs, still dont know if they have full internet access??

Still not getting anywhere though and would really appreciate some more detailed explanation of how to give full internet access.

Or should i just uninstall postgreSQL and all that and then re-install it as it says that will solve 99% of problems??
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      AVG should not be a problem.
      If you reinstall Postgresql your Elephant will no longer work.

In general: if Elephant works there is no reason why HM should not work so i guess you are just doing something wrong.

Unfortunately i can't load the screenshot you posted before.
      Please upload it to imageshack and post the link so i can check it.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Thats the thing, elephant isnt working either, wen i click elephant i get "Connection to database NOT successful! Please ensure PostgreSQL is running and your settings are correct."

To solve this i was told to go to control panel - services - PostgreSQL Database - Start

But it didnt work and so i cant use elephant.

Hence why i decided to download HEM trial but this doesnt work either. Hope that helps clear up what the problem might be

EDIT: Ill try re-post the image, or ill just post the link

Link: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/holdemmanagerpostgres.jpg/
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Ok, so your basic problem is that the postgresql installation is not working on your system.

Please download and install Postgresql 8.4 from http://www.postgresql.org. Try to install it to a different folder like c:\postgres or d:\postgres.

Please make sure that the windows secondary logon service is running.

If the 8.4 postgresql installation fails too please try 8.2.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Ok will try this later on and let you know, quick question, with me downloading this new postgres do i need to unistall the current one i have.

Also how do i ensure that windows secondary logon is running?