Sephora54

• SEPHORA54
      SEPHORA54
      Gold
      Hello everyone,
      I'm from Spain and it's been 4 months that I play poker regularly, playing and studying how to play haha :)
      I'm so motivated to learn so I hope this course helps me to improve my poker skills.
      I like to play SnG and sometimes I play Doble up too.
  • 4 replies
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Hey there SEPHORA54,

Great to see you've chosen to join our beginners course! I'm an sng player myself, with limited success however :( . How do you fare with the sngs? Where do you play?

All the best,

NIVEKii
    • SEPHORA54
      SEPHORA54
      Gold
      Well, now I'm playing in 770 but my account is not linked to pokerstrategy..so I'm thinking to move to PokerStars that is linked.. but I'm afraid because maybe in PokerStars there will be higher level among the players..

I've been playing $1.20 SnG 10players and it was fine.. i was thinking to try $1.20 SnG 30players..

Do you know if in PokerStars the rake of this kind of SnG is lower that in 770? Because in 770 is the 20%!!

Thank you and good luck in yours SnG!
    • SEPHORA54
      SEPHORA54
      Gold
      Homework

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I believe poker is an excellent tool to exercise memory and ability analysing.
      It helps me to have my brain active and also to control my emotions under pressure situations.(Controlling the scariyng tilt)
      In addiction,I have fun,and it's exciting to see how you progress and the more you play and study the better you play.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I have to say that I only play SnG so in Cash I have no experience, and I think they are different, aren't they?

Well my big weakness there are two:

-In an advance stage of the SnG or when I'm with little stack referring to the blinds, my defense of my blinds is so weak.

-My postflop play have a lot of leaks I think. I feel confident in the preflop (the raise, the position ,etc) but when the flop appears if I don´t connect , sometimes I don't make the continuation bet and i think I'm so predictable.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?

To play tight is to choose carefully the hands you play.Your rank is limited and there are only the good cards (preflop). When you enter in the action is in aggresive way, you raise always o reraise, and put the opponents in a dificult situations with speculative hands.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SEPHORA54,

SnG & Cash are still different from each other but the tilting factor and stuff should be still about the same (mindset).

Most of the other weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands. We will start writing feedback to your play. And usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part.

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.