part time job

• cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      hi i ve recently registered here but paying poker for more than 1 year.. i have not seen good results.. i d like to do it as a part time job starting with 5-6$ per hour, is possible? in 2 weeks i won 30 € but lost in 2 days... i like to have really a profit. thanks is possible?
  • 9 replies
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      would be nice, if you said what kind of limits and type of poker you play...
      Of course it is possible. But you have to be pretty good player to maintain 5-6usd/hr in micro limits
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      I think it should be possible if you won 5bb/100 2 tabling NL100.

4bb/100 4 tabling NL50
      4bb/100 8 tabling NL25

I'm probably not right, but as rough averages.
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      well I have 100 € in my account so i guess i have to start with 0.05-0.10 € cash or maximum 3 € tournaments or sit and go... in 2 weeks i won 30€ but in just 2 days lost 25... so I got even.. I d like to see a profit every day.. maybe i am not so constant?
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Just remember variance will happen, read some articles in the psychology section if you need to, or want to understand variance better.

Another important aspect is that investment of money is not the only thing you need for profit, you must invest your time in studying.
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      in this 18 months I have been playing a lot.. but not so constant, some days I have been playing like 12 hours and than not played for 3 weeks...i have not studied a lot.. what is important to study and to know?
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Decide what are you going to play MTT, SnG or cash game, and then go to strategy section and start reading the articles. And if you have 100€ then you can only play 0.01/0.02€ cash games, that is the correct bankroll management, and then you can move on to 0.02/0.05€ when you have 150€. You can only start playing 0.05-0.10€ once you have 250€. Offcourse you can not give a shit about bankroll management, but once you lose and KK vs AA pot, you will feel it, get a few loses in a row and there's your bankroll gone. If you wanna play and earn money you better read some shit and watch videos and play smart. Good luck :s_biggrin:
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Of course its possible but if you want to be a good player, strap yourself in and hold on tight its gonna be a bumpy ride everybody has ups and downs in poker every single day, it will take quite a lot of work to become a constant winning player.

Hope to see you around more let us know how your journey goes

Carl
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      Decide what are you going to play MTT, SnG or cash game, and then go to strategy section and start reading the articles. And if you have 100€ then you can only play 0.01/0.02€ cash games, that is the correct bankroll management, and then you can move on to 0.02/0.05€ when you have 150€. You can only start playing 0.05-0.10€ once you have 250€. Offcourse you can not give a shit about bankroll management, but once you lose and KK vs AA pot, you will feel it, get a few loses in a row and there's your bankroll gone. If you wanna play and earn money you better read some shit and watch videos and play smart. Good luck :s_biggrin:
      +1

I was also winning up to $50 in my first 3-4 days and soon after started losing but still up with winnings.. so just calculate that you might be having a very good day and then a bad one and your bankroll should be able to handle that.. i.e play with the correct bankroll management as per Krishjanis

Good luck at the tables.
      Ingrid

ps: don't forget discipline and patience is the most important in this game. Keep studying, get even better and start crushing like a pro.. but it takes time :)
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Dedication, Desire, Determination.

Kind of stole it from Team 3D (gaming team) but I believe it also applies nicely with your goals. You need all three to be successful in your goals. On top of that you really need to look at it long term instead of a couple of days, as variance can strike hard on any given day :)

NIVEKii