• 6 replies
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      got 180th place for $12, sigh....
    • LoOkzor
      LoOkzor
      Bronze
      That's +12 you might otherwise not of had!

Keep in mind, at that stage of a tournament unless you've manage to stack well you're often going to have to shove or raise any two cards worth playing and will either get sucked out or happen to be against the nuts.

You'll find that you can often get to mid-stage or mid-late stage quite regularly with some tight play and good poker, whilst getting to the late stage often includes a few gambles on your way. Most often you'll be risking your chips several times through a tournament in mid stage to stack up well enough to last the remainder of a tournament. Then you get those people who manage to stack quite early on with several flips going their way, who get a simpler ride through to the late stages.

I think with MTTs it's more experience and discipline that'll see you regularly making it into the money, moreso than cash where you've got more time available to you to experiment with your play. In MTTs you don't get that option, and if you don't take some action you can be blinded away so with experience you'll learn to seek out those times when you see an opening to improve.

Funny, as I wrote this I've just stacked 2 opponents with 2 pair early in the tournament for 9 k and just got dealth pocket QQ :D which just now lost to AK, psshhttt, down to 6 k.

gl
    • LoOkzor
      LoOkzor
      Bronze
      update! Qualified for the main tourney ;)
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      LoOkzor is able to consistently find the positive in everything. How annoying...

:p haha just joking :D Well done on a healthy attitude Sir
    • LoOkzor
      LoOkzor
      Bronze
      haha, I think it just comes from my gamer background.

I've got plenty of experience in playing tournaments, being good at something and being on the wrong side of luck.

Games have variance too ;P so after 5-6 years of professional gaming I've come to terms with that side of things hehe
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      thanks for the positive reply, Lookzor, :)

btw, i lost with 12 bb's when i shoved pocket A's UTG and got called by pocket 7's in bb (who was chip leader on our table) and he spiked a 7 on river.