This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 flush draw + gutshot

• Jaccuzzi
      Jaccuzzi
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $1.12
      UTG2:
      $10.16
      Hero:
      $2.07

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , 8:club:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 raises to $0.09, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.09, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.07.

Flop: ($0.30) T:heart: , 7:club: , 2:club: (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.15, UTG2 calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.75) 6:spade: (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.37, UTG2 raises to $9.92 (All-In), Hero folds, UTG1 raises to $0.88 (All-In).

River: ($11.55) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG1 shows three-of-a-kind, sevens (7s 7d)
      UTG2 shows a pair of nines (9h 9s)

UTG1 wins with three-of-a-kind, sevens (7s 7d)

Could i called a shove on turn ? i called preflop because noticed that utg2 plays pretty loose-pasive bets pre flop and on flop calms down i got flush draw on flop so i called a bet and on turn i have flushdraw + gutshot its 12 outs which coresponds to 3:1 odds and i get 2.5:1 pot odds.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jaccuzzi,

Hard to say without seeing the suits. :) But most likely folding is there safer, our equity ain't that good. Try next time pasting the correct format of Elephant, there should be a button for a correct format. :>

Best regards.
    • Jaccuzzi
      Jaccuzzi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Jaccuzzi,

Hard to say without seeing the suits. :) But most likely folding is there safer, our equity ain't that good. Try next time pasting the correct format of Elephant, there should be a button for a correct format. :>

Best regards.
      sorry i clicked the wrong button when copying from elephant, i'm not quite used to elephant yet. i corrected my post :)
    • l33tNinja
      l33tNinja
      Bronze
      Hi Jacuzzi,

What are the effective stack sizes?
      Is it ok to call that UTG+2 PFR with A8s from late position?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah, turn is most likely a fold. :) Ain't worth. We are most likely behind with the equity and ain't doing a good go-broke in long run and not earning profit.