[NL2-NL10] KK NL5 SH - protect / bluff induce

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain was unknown but seemed to display LP tendencies

Should I just bet the turn for value and protection since the FD is out and my opponent seemed passive?

I opted to bluff induce by checking the turn, but if I think he is passive I would want to bet/bet/bet for value or at least bet turn for free showdown?

I know it works here but I don't want to be results orientated.

Pacific Poker - $0.06 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $2.85
      MP: $7.14
      Hero (CO): $23.87
      BTN: $8.75
      SB: $5.17
      BB: $4.05

SB posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.06, MP posts DB $0.06

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:diamond: K:spade:

fold, MP checks, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.24

Flop: ($0.69, 2 players) 9:diamond: 4:club: 3:spade:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.49, 2 players) J:club:
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.49, 2 players) 7:spade:
      MP bets $1.49, Hero calls $1.49

MP shows 5:club: Q:spade: (High Card, Queen) (Pre 12%, Flop 6%, Turn 0%)
      Hero shows K:diamond: K:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 88%, Flop 94%, Turn 100%)
      Hero wins $4.25
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Bet the turn also, don't Check it behind. :) While the villain is pretty much unknown to you.

Best regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      thanks Veriz

at the time my thinking was what can he call the turn with here? FD that he picks up on the turn maybe. Hard to say without stats whether he calls some weaker pairs etc? So I thought since RRFD is not too likely then I would bluff induce by checking behind but obviously without any stats I dont know whether he is aggressive enough to do that, he might just check again.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      thanks Veriz

at the time my thinking was what can he call the turn with here? FD that he picks up on the turn maybe. Hard to say without stats whether he calls some weaker pairs etc? So I thought since RRFD is not too likely then I would bluff induce by checking behind but obviously without any stats I dont know whether he is aggressive enough to do that, he might just check again.
      Against some aggressive opponents I do like sometimes the same way to play. Even with TP. :) They are so often betting the river and it's fantastic which hands/floats you see. :f_biggrin:
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Against some aggressive opponents I do like sometimes the same way to play. Even with TP. They are so often betting the river and it's fantastic which hands/floats you see.

Lol Amen to that Veriz. Sometimes it makes me facepalm.....in a good way though.