Stack
      SB:
      $2
      BB:
      $1.6
      Hero:
      $3.13

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.101 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:spade: , 9:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB raises to $0.26, Hero calls $0.20, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.58) T:heart: , 9:heart: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB raises $1.34 (All-In), Hero calls $1.34.

Turn: ($3.26) 6:spade:
      River: ($3.26) 5:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, nines (9s 9d)
      BB shows (Ks Kc)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, nines (9s 9d)

I open from the BU with and when the BB raises me I think he is re stealing or with Ax or a pair so I call to see the flop and re evaluate on the flop ( ie set mine with my pair. ) if I hit I'm looking to get it all in if I miss my set I'm probably giving up if he bets again as the player was an unknown.
  • 5 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      you don't have the odds to setmine against 3bet, he doesn't even have a full stack

as played yeah, no way you're going to get away
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      No odds for a set-call, not even close. If you continue here you need to be prepared to continue with an over pair. You have no read at all on the BB to conclude what they might or might not be doing RE. blind wars.

I feel I would call to the 3bet due to position and the hope that BB can sometimes be re-stealing here, but I would not lightly go broke. If for example in this situation you had missed - the flop was 2 4 4 - you fold to this hero-shove every time. However if the BB checks you can bet and try and take the pot away from Ax hands or if he cont-bets a more appropriate amount (~35 cents) you might call intending to float against a check of the turn, or fold to a 2nd barrel.

Generally though it can be better to get a read on unknown players before making marginal plays against them, especially I think at our micro limits (where only half of players sometimes steal, and less than half of them *ever* resteal). You would feel pretty silly having made this play if in 100 hands the BB is showing rock-stats like 5-3 / 1.0 AF :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you can also consider raise/folding pf, but once you call pf it is easy shove with set. Likely I´d also then get all-in on 854 board
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello themagpiespg,

You should definitely fold preflop. Your odds are like 9:1 and nothing else to talk here. :)

Best regards.
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Thanks guys