Stack
      Hero:
      $2.55
      MP2:
      $2.22
      MP3:
      $1.28

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.101 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:diamond: , 9:heart:
      MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) K:spade: , 8:diamond: , 7:spade: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.06, MP3 calls $0.06.

Turn: ($0.26) 3:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

River: ($0.50) 6:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.56, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $2.39 (All-In), MP2 raises to $2.06 (All-In).

Final Pot: $4.95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (9d 9c)
      Hero shows a straight, ten high (Td 9h)

Hero wins with a straight, ten high (Td 9h)
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      To be honest if you are confident of your post-flop play and are able to release 2 pairs or trips against strong resistance, you can complete the SB with any two in big-stack situations and have pot-odds.

The thing to keep in mind in limped pots is everyone is playing small cards hoping to make a monster. Two pair is devalued as big aggression postflop from a limper can often indicate a small set.

So you can have calling odds, but you can also get into marginal situations where you wont want to fold what could be the nuts - say, two pair had the board come JT9 - but you could be coming last in a 4 way pot where everyone wants to shove (78 beating 99 beating JT beating you).

If you are going to play these thin situations you need to be capable of correctly reading flop textures and folding otherwise massive hands. Otherwise just avoid them.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      easy complete pf getting these odds
      prefer barreling turn with your draw+ fold equity.
      If you c/c turn then I like c/rai on the river
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello themagpiespg,

Preflop: Are we talking about preflop odds or turn odds? But lets take first preflop odds. Being in such a multiway pot completing is totally fine. Although if you are gonna overplay your TP type of hand or any kind of draw then I might even prefer folding be safer. Since it's a common mistake for beginners that they overplay their TP or even draws on flushdraw board and don't take into account their implied odds or that they are OOP. But of course for just to add $0,01 is totally fine if you feel secure in your postflop play.
      Flop: Totally fine to bet it here with OESD and while we of course have fold equity. :)
      Turn: Being in multiway pot I don't like betting anymore either. Not worth! We can easily just donate money into the pot and as well we are very likely get called. Plus obviously have to discount outs since FD is possible. I'd also rather Check and take a look if we get correct odds. And as you get pretty good odds then going even for 6outs here is totally fine. We need only ~$0,14 on river to make it profitable.

As played
      River: I totally like your Check/Shove here. :) Wouldn't play any differently.

Best regards.
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      thanks guys