Why dont play at NL2...

• marckaraujo
      marckaraujo
      Bronze
      They dont know what poker means!
      In a table of 9 you can find, maniac, fish, LAG, TAG, tight-passive, loose-passive and a kind called WTF.

Really, I am not tilted, I´m actually in a breakeven but its cuz dont have a way to play against every type of players at same time... :f_confused:
  • 20 replies
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      The answer is you dont. Just raise your value hands and hope for a HU pot, then take it from there :P
    • ibeatyouhaha
      ibeatyouhaha
      Bronze
      NL2 like playmoney - very easy to play 20bb/100. There are only nits and fishes.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      just bi patient and play ABC poker and bet big (overbet) with good hands and dont bluff (or raise small(er) when u bluff).
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      If you can't beat NL2 than better quit poker. You can do it!!!!
    • needagun
      needagun
      Bronze
      just don't try to outplay an idiot who has top pair :)
    • Harnas31
      Harnas31
      Bronze
      :f_confused: :s_biggrin:
    • PokerPirate
      PokerPirate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by needagun
      just don't try to outplay an idiot who has top pair :)
      i second that. If you want to learn and improve spend your time reading and studying instead of wasting your time on that level.

save up some money and try NL10.
    • ignelis192
      ignelis192
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I find it funny that I have problems with nl2, but dont have so at nl5, I also sometimes take a shot at nl10 and make a little profit every time. So my advise would also be spend your time improving knowledge and watching videos
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      If you can't beat NL2 you're probably not taking it seriously enough and/or suffering from some form of Entitlement Tilt. No, you are not entitled to having a calling station's money just because he is a calling station...

I mean, seriously, people that can beat NL5 but can't beat NL2? This quite amounts to "these people are so bad, that's why I can't beat them". Sounds logical?
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ignelis192
      Hi guys, I find it funny that I have problems with nl2, but dont have so at nl5, I also sometimes take a shot at nl10 and make a little profit every time. So my advise would also be spend your time improving knowledge and watching videos
      Thats called short term luck.
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      If you can't beat NL2 you're probably not taking it seriously enough and/or suffering from some form of Entitlement Tilt. No, you are not entitled to having a calling station's money just because he is a calling station...

I mean, seriously, people that can beat NL5 but can't beat NL2? This quite amounts to "these people are so bad, that's why I can't beat them". Sounds logical?
      I don't know If one was multi tabling and people kept chasing draws against ur made hands across all tables it would be very easy to go broke imo
    • marckaraujo
      marckaraujo
      Bronze
      I dont know If it is about Beat NL2, I mean that is very easy to have variance here, cuz ppl love to play against more then 2 players with ur suited.
      Its nearly rare you see flop with one player and its often see showdown.

I think that play NL2 is like to have patient and play like limit hold'em.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      HI marckaraujo

With some bad players (especially maniacs) you will have variance, the importance at NL2 is to learn to value bet and value bet big. You will get called.

The thing is if your edge is greater than the other players at your limits the more likely you are to make profit and the less likely you are to go broke. Simple

Regards

Thazar
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      HI marckaraujo

With some bad players (especially maniacs) you will have variance, the importance at NL2 is to learn to value bet and value bet big. You will get called.

The thing is if your edge is greater than the other players at your limits the more likely you are to make profit and the less likely you are to go broke. Simple

Regards

Thazar
      simples :)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      you can even make money just donk shoving TT+ AJs+ vs the right tables. its that easy.
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      HI marckaraujo

Regards

Thazar
      I see most coaches or people who have played the micros say value bet made hands but its easier said than done. Has to be against the right player and over a long sample imo. Against other regs on the micros not really getting anywhere?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      The vast people majority of players will still call you with TPNK or even with second pair or worse on NL2. Yes they will be time when you will be outdrawn. there will be time when your opponent will have a better hand. But often bad players will play differently when they have a good hand.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      To be honest I think NL2 can be beaten by just being a multitabling nit. Play your premium hands and youl get paid off often enough to post a profit. Just dont tilt and dont do crap BRM, either of those things seem to be the reason why a lot of people bust out.
    • needagun
      needagun
      Bronze
      the morons that inhabit micro stakes never fold top pair, i have seen quite a few even calling a bet on the flop with ace rag in their hand and no pair

let me tell you what happened to me yesterday

me and a guy who was a sort of "maniac" went into a flop, i had AKo out of position

i don't make a pair on the flop and check, he raises, i know he's bluffing, i re raise, he calls

the turn is a blank, i still think he has nothing (my thinking is he called because he is simply an idiot), so i bet again 1/2 of the pot thinking i'd win but to my surprise he calls

the river is another blank, i'm thinking i was wrong and he has some random pair and will call a pot sized bet anyway so i give up and check, waiting for the raise so i can fold

now comes the funny part: he checks behind and shows AKo and we split the pot, both with ace high and king kicker