[NL2-NL10] QQ all in pre nl 10

• boomer011
      Is shoving the right play here preflop given the action in front of me? Find it hard to just call here as any flop without an ace or a king im likely getting it in anyways.

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, MP1 raises to $1.05, 3 folds, BU calls $1.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4.23 (All-In), MP1 raises to $6.65 (All-In), BU calls $5.60.

Flop: ($17.68) 8:diamond: , 7:heart: , 3:diamond:
      Turn: ($17.68) 2:spade:
      River: ($17.68) K:spade: (3 players)

Final Pot: $17.68

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qs Qd)
      MP1 shows three-of-a-kind, kings (Kh Kc)
      BU shows (Th Td)

MP1 wins with three-of-a-kind, kings (Kh Kc)
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      It's a pretty marginal spot. If it was just you and MP1 you are probably shipping it, but the cold call from BU - and we don't have a read on BU that is worth anything yet - bothers me.

You see if I had AA in BU's position and I would consider flatting to MP1's 3bet hoping you might raise, as mid-stacks often are playing a preflop raise-or-fold strategy. Worst case I expect you will fold and I will have heads up against MP1 with aces in a 3bet pot - not as good as getting it all in preflop, but not a horrible situation. Best case you shove, MP1 shoves over and I get to call with the nuts.

However if BU is a bit of a mindless calling station (spoiler shows this is true) then you shove. The BU just adds extra value to the pot and basically pulls you in.
    • Kaitz20
      for 42bb you can´t get away with QQ, so standard shove against raise and coldcall
    • veriz
      Hello boomer011,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

If you are playing BSS then you should play for 100BB. But as played I'd really be rather inclined to fold unless I really expect the BU be very loose caller. Or either way MP1 being a very aggressive opponent.

Since if we are against something strong here and BU would Call mostly with those strong PPs, our equity ain't that great:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    24.06%  22.18%   1.88% { QdQs }
      UTG+1  35.41%  33.78%   1.63% { JJ+, AKs, AKo }
      UTG+2  40.53%  38.14%   2.39% { JJ+ }

Therefore should be rather a fold. So if we would be 100BB this would be pretty easy decision for us. But even in this case if we expect the BU/MP1 both go broke and we have to add $3,93 we still need ~28% equity for just break-even. Although with those ranges we ain't getting it and it should be rather a fold.

Best regards.