This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AJo

• dany2391
      dany2391
      Bronze
      I had no stats on BU when I played this hand.
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      BU:
      $2.94

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, CO folds, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) J:club: , 7:spade: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, BU raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.67) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32.

River: ($1.31) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.25, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.56
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Preflop is fine.

Flop is fine, though bet sizing is on the small side, especially against a player who (over an only 14 hand read) is probably going to pay to draw. Id bet closer to pot size - 16-19 cents.

On the min-raise of our flop bet, calling to re-evaluate on the turn is fine, though against a player showing 43-14, 3.3 AF even after only 14 hands... I'm already thinking of getting all-in with him on the flop. Villain is likely playing a lot of Jx hands and shipping them all.

The turn isn't a massively scary card - if he was betting a draw it probably wasn't a gutshot, unless it was a gutshot + flush. I don't mind check-call in a call-down line.

The river is the real scare card. Every other player has some inexplicable love for Jack Ten. I don't understand why, but some people will play this hand every single time they get it, and I am always leery of playing for stacks where JT has a monster.

I would probably fold on the river too. I don't believe he has a flush, but he may have made some weird straight while drawing at a flush (8s9s) or have jacks-up.

I still think our best line against this player as seen so far (despite the weak nature of a 14 hand read) would have been to get it in on the flop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think both river shove or c/c are fine plays
      Don´t like c/f river as strong hand as yours when player can always shove his missed draws