[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, QQ facing 3bet on new villain

• YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      no reads on BB villain

MP3 is a huge fish

if i have no reads yet on a villain, is it safer to fold?

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1422365
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $11.32
      BB: $7.80
      UTG: $7.23
      CO: $10.00
      Hero (BTN): $10.36

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with Q :diamond: Q :club:
      UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.45, 1 fold, BB raises to $1.40, UTG calls $1.30, Hero raises to $10.36 all in, BB calls $6.40 all in, UTG calls $5.83 all in

Flop: ($22.88) 4 :heart: 7 :spade: 3 :club: (3 players - 3 are all in)

Turn: ($22.88) T :heart: (3 players - 3 are all in)

River: ($22.88) K :heart: (3 players - 3 are all in)

Final Pot: $22.88
      BB shows K :club: K :spade: (three of a kind, Kings)
      UTG shows A :spade: 6 :spade: (high card Ace)
      Hero shows Q :diamond: Q :club: (a pair of Queens)
      BB wins $1.08
      BB wins $20.66
      (Rake: $1.14)
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Queens 5 handed... I would have a lot of trouble releasing them if I thought players were adjusting for the number.

Was it a short ring (6max) or full ring (9max) table? On short I'm shipping them preflop as you did and ignoring the station as irrelevant, or even as a bonus (if you are facing AA/KK, a station in the hand only increases your relative equity as you still need a set to suck out on the overpair, except you'll mostly get paid out triple for it when you do).

On full ring things get harder. You can't recall the 3bet for set value, as you dont have odds for 95 cents, but I think flatting to the 3bet IP and evaluating the flop would be my line.

I believe that if the BB was some form of a TAG (and I like to assume unknown players are that) that they would be somewhat restrained from blindly cbetting a low flop with the calling station in it with only ace-high, because the calling station will call them with bottom pair, no kicker. So I would be leaning to a fold to a cbet even on a 4-7-3 flop, but a check I would bet into in the hope of pushing ace high out. If checked to the hero I would go with a bet(fold)-check-call line from that point.

So we flat the 3bet and see what the raiser does. Position gives us this luxury.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if i have no reads yet on a villain, is it safer to fold?
      - against middlestacks it is better to shove, since as you saw they might easily get all-in with random hands (as A6s), so there should be enough dead money in the pot to pay big pot QQ. You´re not most of the times running into KK/AA, but rather a lot of times flipping with AK or are even ahead against JJ/TT