5CD question

• moneymaker19
      moneymaker19
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm wondering how you change your play when there is many limpers. I mean if there is 2 limpers and your in BU with AAKxx do you then fold this hand?

Are there any changes I should do if you play on $0.10/$0.20 (lowest on stars). Like tighten up or something?
  • 1 reply
    • EvGalois
      EvGalois
      Bronze
      You have to put pressure because you want to be the commander in every pot and especially in this case you will have the button and you want to thin the field by trying to charge sb and bb and you also want the first two limpers to pay one extra bet. They are most likely behind in the hand. AAK is standard raise in this very spot even if you are surrounded with punching bags. Then the post draw is a different issue ofc where you might have to proceed with caution since some of these opponents might limp a draw.

As far as changes in your hand selection not so much but you could be prepared to call some more draws and sometimes commit more with the strong pairs like AA-KK predraw if you feel that the dynamics is very aggro (even if it would cost slightly more). It is a good idea many times since on these limits you will certainly get paid more often post draw.
      So in summary, play your strong hands according to starting hands I recommend and try to be the aggressor at your table. But be prepared sometimes make one extra call (even out of position) in case you hold a strong pair or good drawing hand.