SNG notes

• wesly21
      wesly21
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

A few months ago I started playing SNGs.
      Now I play $ 5 tournaments. I am interested in your opinions about the notes.
      Personally I do not put the notes because I don't not know to write down useful information unless it is not a novel:) .

Best regards
  • 10 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Notes can be very useful. You want to put information into notes which will not be apparent from your HUD. You shouldn't waste time writing that a player who is 78/5 is loose, or that a player will call all-in with KK. I note whenever I see that someone multitables. I note if someone is capable of folding while getting 2:1 odds. I note if a player is caught shoving 32o or 72o, so that I know that player is capable of pushing ATC. I note if a player makes a really bad call near the bubble.
    • thebatsman
      thebatsman
      Bronze
      What works for me is to assign a colour to all multi tablers,I use the last colour on stars range ie orange, that way all multitablers are same colour. the more hands you play against them leads to futher notes
    • henriqueras
      henriqueras
      Bronze
      Coach, u said u do multitable notes. What changes in ur game when u play agains them?
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      I use different stereotypes for multitablers, and this lets me play more accurately against them in many situations. I put them on wider ranges when they push after being tight earlier in the tournament. I expect them to defend their blinds much more tightly. I expect them to have narrow and exploitable limping ranges.
    • Mystt
      Mystt
      Bronze
      I also like to note how people react when they are big stacks on the bubble (do they take advantage or not), if they don't understand bubble factor. Or when they are small stack, if they still fold and wait for good hand etc. Can make some steal decision on the bubble easier if you know u are not getting 3betted by the big stack 100% of the time :P
    • wesly21
      wesly21
      Bronze
      thanks guys

nice answers :D
    • CollinMoshman
      CollinMoshman
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by pzhon
      You want to put information into notes which will not be apparent from your HUD.
      Just wanted to add that I strongly agree with this point, and I see many players make notes that add little to what the HUD already tells them, often just rephrasing in a more emotional way. By contrast, if a reg min-raises with a 9 BB stack, then I'll definitely take a note once I've seen whether he's only doing that to induce with premium hands or is sometimes raise/folding as well.
    • losched16
      losched16
      Basic
      I actually used notes exclusively while playing. I could not get comfortable playing 16 tables+ with a HUD, so I relied purely on notes.

I used a relatively straightforward system, but was extrememly helpful as the tables were popping up.

First was color coding. I color coded purely on identifying winning vs losing players. I colored winning players from red to light orange (Red=best of the best, Dark Orange=solid winning player, Light Orange=winning, but not great).
      I would then color all losing players as Green. Finally I would color wild cards (neither winning or losing, ie. a jagged graph) Purple.

I identified winning players only from stats found on sites like Sharkscope, OPR, etc... That is certainly the easiest way. Losing players can be identified this way as well, however, usually during the course of a game, a losing player will make a play that will display their leaks, so I could mark them Green right away.

As far as the notes, I wanted to identify exactly what they were doing in key spots that would allow me to exploit them. I did not note a lot of Reg's plays unless they did something out of the norm, since I pretty much know how they would play at the various stages of a SNG. However, losing players come in all shapes and sizes, so it will key to identify their tendencies. For example, some guys will limp and fold every time they are raised. Therefore we can raise them frequently to pick up dead chips. On the other hand, there are guys who will limp and stack off with hands like KJ, 22, etc...you need to be careful shoving lightly against these guys. So a note in this situation would be extremely helpful.

Other useful notes (examples):

. Is a guy limping with premiums, AA and KK, to trap
      . Did someone just shove 20BB with 44
      . Does someone have the check/fold box checked (you can tell if you raise and they insta fold). Could be a great way to steal chips easily

If you play enough games, all of your tables will be full of Orange, Green, and Purple colors, so it will be relatively easy to know just who you are playing against.

Hope that is helpful.

Clint
    • doktorhit
      doktorhit
      Bronze
      I play 6max turbos at stars 7$ and 15$ bi, last month i go down (1500 tourneys be period) to 7$ and 3.5$, im playin 16 tables at same time, stacked after i stay on 12 tables i change to tile. Notes is so important at stt, first i use 5 diferent collors for oponents (each collor represent roi and profi) so before i start session i always see in loby if there is a lot greens at tables i go register, if there is a lot of red (bad regs but have some profit) and purple (regs that pwn) i skip and w8 for other table. for notes i write hes marginal showing range, marginal calls, and most important if u see some weaknes WRITE IT. i have in my base one imba reg that have a big weaknes, if hes CL on buble he NEVER shove any hand, i have him on big sample few k of hands, he will always raise but 100 % will fold on my ship and NEVER will call my push. so if u find something like that that can help u in one secone WRITE IT (if u play a lot of tables u dont have time to look at hud every time). it will help u to play better on some marginal situations.
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      however, usually during the course of a game, a losing player will make a play that will display their leaks, so I could mark them Green right away.

In the beginning I i did it the same way. After some time all regs were marked as green, because the more often you play vs someone, the higher the chance for some stupid mistake(even if just misclicks). i prefer only marking the exceptionally good ones, and treat everyone as bad player until he proves me wrong. at least on the low limits. also, i pay attention to those which I play very often, because their leaks(even if minor) contribute much to your $$$.