help me

• manyhands
      manyhands
      Bronze
      can anyone help me i have been playing poker for a couple of years but only about 6 months online and am getting angry with the amount of idiots on line example

the last hands i played whent like this

raised with Ak 5 times BB 2 callers flop came A 6 9 off so i bet one player folded one player called turn card was a 7 so bet pot player called river card K pushed all in player calls he has 8 10 wins with strait

then another hand i raised with 10 10 and had one caller flop 10 6 8
      whent all in got called he had 7 9 off turn and river blanks lost again

how do you play against this and this is constant every table loads of players

playing at sky poker now but same thing at 888 poker
      00.02 00.04 blinds

i do not have a lot of money so am bilding up my bank roll to play sereasly i future but am being put of need some help on what to do
  • 9 replies
    • PokerPirate
      PokerPirate
      Gold
      It happens, every hands a winner and every hands a loser as the old saying goes :D .

Personally on the first example you gave us I would be concerned about a set or a weird two pair. Check/call, check/fold would be my choice on the river.

You just got to ride it out im afraid and if your good enough you'll start to earn money eventually.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hi manyhands,

Unfortunately this is a part of poker :(

This is called variance, and it will often hit you harder than you might realise! It's not nice, and it makes you unmotivated, but you've got to deal with it :)

How long till you're silver? Because I suggest you read this article which talks about bad beats and variance.

Also, are you using any tracking software? If not I recommend you use our own elephant (installation help video is here too.)

This will allow you to save your hands, and take stats on opponents, which can help you to determine who is a fish, who is playing what type of hands through stats like VP$IP and PFR (Voluntarily put $ in pot (how many hands they play) and Pre flop Raise (do they just limp in, or raise? Signs of weaker players.))

You can then post your hands from elephant here where our professional hand judges will give you advice and feedback on your hands so you can further your poker game :)

I hope you make use of all the information I've given you, and if you have any questions, of course feel free to ask :)

Best regards,

Jim
    • PokerPirate
      PokerPirate
      Gold
      ooooh Jim4rdo, one more post and you have 1000! How you gonna celebrate? :D
    • manyhands
      manyhands
      Bronze
      dont understand how the players called raises with such bad hands in first place when i would have folded

would you call a raise with 7 9 off?
    • PokerPirate
      PokerPirate
      Gold
      If I knew that you were willing to put all your money in with one pair then yes.

Would you have done the same if you had A10 on a 5 8 10 2 3 board?

Sometimes one pair is no good regardles on how good your kicker is.

It sucks but its part of the game, just try and stay positive! :)
    • manyhands
      manyhands
      Bronze
      sory did you say you wold call 7 9 off pre flop
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      lol,what kind of a tard would want to play against equal/better players?at least consistently
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hiya guys,

thought I'd clear a few things up in here!

Firstly, PokerPirate, I posted my 1000th here with a song I like ;p

@ Manyhands

"dont understand how the players called raises with such bad hands in first place when i would have folded

would you call a raise with 7 9 off?"

Not really. But that's what we're talking about here when we say variance. We want to be playing pots against people who call our raises with hands like this.

Most of the time they won't hit their hands, and we'll be making a lot of money off them in the long run.

Unfortunately sometimes they manage to hit like this - but it makes them think their play is good, so again in the long run, they'll be making plays like this more often, and we'll be taking their $$$ in the end (more times than they take ours!)

Hopefully this has cleared it up a little bit!

Best regards,

Jim
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by manyhands
      sory did you say you wold call 7 9 off pre flop

HI Manyhands

tbh it all depends on implied odds and, if one can't throw away TP or better, implied are huge

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1564/1/

Regards

Thazar