[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AJs, TPGK

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hello!

I hit TPGK on the flop and decided to check back on the dry board. On the turn I hit 2 pairs and bet, but then he check/raised. I called because only sets beat me and I believe he would donk it on the turn.. The river completes a QT straight draw, but I called his bet.

BB: 24/18/74/24/60/20/2,6/331 (VPIP/PFR/FvST/CvST/FvFCB/CHR/AF/H)

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($12.35)
      CO ($12.14)
      Hero (BTN) ($30.72)
      SB ($2.90)
      BB ($15.10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BTN A:spade: J:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: 9:heart: A:club: 4:spade: ($0.65, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: J:diamond: ($0.65, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.80

River: 8:club: ($3.05, 2 players)
      BB bets $2, Hero calls $2

Final Pot: $7.05
      Hero shows
      A:spade: J:spade:
      BB shows
      9:diamond: 9:club:

BB wins $6.58 (net +$2.98)

Hero lost $3.50
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alleen86,

Flop: Do you have any history with the guy or why was the decision of Checking behind Axx board. Practically if you are going to continue like that what do you think what kind of note he is going to take from you? "If Checks behind Axx boards, capable of doing that with TP". :D I'd rather balance my range and just CBet right on flop, would be much more information. Obviously it's an option to Check behind here as well but I'd rather do that with expectations that the is able to take stabs. :) If you are only going to CBet with bluffs and made hands Check behind if it's dry then you will be easily readable.

As played
      Turn: Don't think that overplaying our hand is a good idea here. He most likely wont pay us with a lot worse anyways. But now again what's your idea of Checking behind on flop and slowplaying your hand?

As played
      River: Don't think that there is much to add, he ain't gonna pay with a lot worse anyways if he is a reasonable player and doesn't have a huge WTSD. Or any other reads? I might at some spots even consider going for value here as I went for slowplay on flop.

Best regards.