sportsgeist

• sportsgeist
      sportsgeist
      Bronze
      Hi,

my name is sportsgeist and I come from the german community.
      But this wonderful Beginner Course still hasn`t available in german.

I live in Germany in the Ruhrpott and started studying medical physics in the next semester. So there will be a lot of work, but I think this is the right direction to studying poker, too. I have so much motivation now! ;)

I hope my english is not too bad :D and I can do the homework without problems in the language. Maybe there are a few german speaking students for help?

sportsgeist
  • 5 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi sportsgeist,

Greetings from the English Community Mod team and welcome to the NL Beginners Course :)

You're English was perfectly spoken and I am sure you will receive a lot of help from fellow community members.

I wish you the best of luck throughout the course,

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • sportsgeist
      sportsgeist
      Bronze
      Homework:

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I`m playing Poker for 3 or 4 years. My first steps was with the SSS. Now I try for a year to learn BSS, but there was no success

Now I will be successfull! I play NL4 at the moment, but I want to play NL20 next year. And when I finished my study in 3 years I want to play Nl100.
      So I will play poker for fun, but also for the money.
      By the way there are some good things I could need in my life, for example patience, coolnes, maths and so on

I hope, there is enough time in semester to play. But longterm my motivation will be the money. The next 3 years would be the hardest I will have.
      I will managed this challenge successful! I am decided!
      Thats my target!

(Also the englishlanguage is a very big challenge for me =) )

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I play the way I want and not the best way. I do no session reviews because I am too tired after a session or there are other things to do. And I tried to understand the corect use of Odds and Outs for 3 years, but I have had no realy motivation to calculate it in examples.
      Maybe I play to tight and frightened. I allways think, villain has the best hand and because of that I fold to much.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?
      To play thight means I play only the best hands (SHC). Every player gets longterm the same hands. But most of fishs play to much hands and lost the money with the second-best hands.
      Agressive means I have the initiative. I force villain to a decission.
      If I had a an average hand, mostly it`s better to fold.

sportsgeist

and now I go jogging :-)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sportsgeist,

It seems that you have problem with lazyness. Which probably will affect the future poker learning path. :( You will have to find a way how to motivate yourself to learn more. At least you made your first baby-steps and joined with the Course. :) We gonna try to help you out.

About the math part don't worry about it. If you want to pass the course then you will also need to do the homework which will consist of a lot math. This week is just a short intro to see how you play and what kind of weakness you have and etc. So we could adjust to that.

Most of the other weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands. We will start writing feedback to your play. And usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part.

Also I do like jogging, it really helps to calm your mind and not be so tilty. :) What about your tilt, how do you adjust to it? Any specific rules?

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.
    • sportsgeist
      sportsgeist
      Bronze
      yippieh, the course is for German players too :f_cool:

Now my thread is this one
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Oh okey. Well, good luck in there. :> I might hop by sometimes when I have time. I also understand German. :) Hopefully you will like the people around there. :P