Suggestion on poker rooms' reviews

• matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Hello all,

Should the rooms' policies of charging a % or a fee on dormant accounts be included in their reviews?

I think it should.

As well as what kind of verification is needed (if any) for depositing and/or withdrawing which is a highly sensitive issue.
  • 12 replies
    • ulairiiii
      ulairiiii
      Bronze
      i dont think so mate :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matel17
      Hello all,

Should the rooms' policies of charging a % or a fee on dormant accounts be included in their reviews?

I think it should.

As well as what kind of verification is needed (if any) for depositing and/or withdrawing which is a highly sensitive issue.
      Hi matel17,

I think you will find in each Poker Rooms terms and conditions about both these queries.

Definitely, be aware that all Poker Rooms will ask for ID Verification at some point. Also, remember that this is for your own security :)

All the best,

Gary
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Actually I agree with the OP here. Maybe something like the average time taken to process withdrawls. For example under all ipoker sites it should say "The first cashout will probably take 2-3 weeks."

If it was an honest review it would definitely cover this because it's a big part of wether or not a room is good to play in.

Or maybe allow comments in the reviews section
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      Actually I agree with the OP here. Maybe something like the average time taken to process withdrawls. For example under all ipoker sites it should say "The first cashout will probably take 2-3 weeks."

If it was an honest review it would definitely cover this because it's a big part of wether or not a room is good to play in.

Or maybe allow comments in the reviews section
      I agree with this too, except someone should moderate the comments and just remove blatant lies by scorned players. (e.g; FTP SUCKS AND THEIR SOFTWARE CHEATS YOU)

Anyway as for the OP,

I agree with that too. Partypoker's dormant account issue should be clearly noted even though it's in their ToS I think it should be listed on Pokerstrategy's information as well. Because in all reality how many people REALLY read the ToS?
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Yep. If I knew what Everest would ask for to allow a withdrawal I probably would have never deposited.

I guess ps doesn't care about that
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      Na it's all bout the money money money, they want your money money money. ..

It just annoys me that we get fucked over by the poker rooms and PS just jumps in their pocket cos they are also into getting as much profit as possible and not so worried about providing good service. (prove me wrong if you can please)
      Ofc we want to provide a good service we work hard everyday at making the services we provide better and better. And work closely with the poker rooms to make sure you get info you need. But we aren't the poker room so if you dont find all the info you want to know in our mini reviews then you should go straight to the poker room and read through their ts&cs before depositing so you know exactly how its gonna go down :)

If you dont think the service we provide is good enough then please let us know so we can keep improving all the time thats what this board is for but saying we are not so worried about providing a good service is a little unfair imo. thanks for the feedback guys keep it coming :)

Carl
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I wouldn't go so far either; I love pokerstrategy. I'm just suggesting that such important matters should be included in the review.

Your argument is fair. We should go to the room itself but including it in your review for the whole community will make it much easier. And it improves your customer service.

Anyway, thanks for reading and maybe considering it lol :P
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Well its nothing to do with me but the powers that be will be keeping an eye on the feedback :)

I agree that some more added info would be helpful and thats one of the why i love this part of the board i just had to defend against the one sentence in bradomurders comment saying we are not so worried about providing good service cos we are :)

Apart from that keep up the good work guys
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Sorry I was quite drunk when I wrote that, Don't know how I even operated a keyboard. I actually love pokerstrategy. This is pretty much the ONLY point where I'm not really happy. I've been waiting 2 weeks for a cashout from 770 and their emails have been dismissive and useless, they haven't even explained why there's a delay, so that's where all the angst comes from.

It just makes me so angry that some of the smaller rooms deliberately make it WAY harder to cashout than to deposit and I still feel there should be a note about it in the review to hurt their profits and encourage them to change the way they operate.

BTW it doesn't say in their T&Cs that there will be unexplained 2 week delays when cashing out. (I assume, I'm not actually gonna read those things)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Yeah i understand and thanks for explaining in more detail :)

It frustrating when your money is tied up somewhere, but i dunno if we could write something like that in the review cos a lot of cashouts dont take that long and a lot of people send all that kinda info when they sign up to make sure their cashouts are delayed as little as possible i havent played at 770 though so i cant really comment on that.

But like on stars and FTP sometimes a cash out would take a day or 2 for me and others over a week but overall i was pretty happy with how they all went maybe you just got unlucky here? i dunno ?(

Btw love the sig :f_love:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi guys,

thanks for the suggestions. i think there is merit to many of the points brought up here. i have a suggestion of my own if you dont mind :) why dont you create a thread about your experiences in the designated poker room boards? that is what they are for actually. they might be of big help to other users looking to try out the site.

i hope you can understand that we cannot put in the review that it will take so and so weeks to deposit/withdraw coz this is an individual experience and may vary greatly (and may also change from now to some future time, also different from country to country). even verification can vary like that. in this regard, user reviews become really important sources of info.

we would never ever prevent you from posting your opinion or misinform you just to get money. in fact ExternalUseOnly didnt even get his starting capital. :f_biggrin: all the mods you see around here actually do their job for love of this community and i can confirm that we care deeply about giving good service. :f_love:

happy weekend everybody! :)

smiles,
      wendy