This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Mss Nl2 AKo Several opponents

• Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      UTG2
      MP2
      BU

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG2 calls $0,02, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0,08, 2 folds, BU calls $0,08, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,30, UTG2 calls $0,28, MP2 folds, BU calls $0,22.

Flop: ($0,99) 9:diamond: , 4:diamond: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 checks, BU bets $0,95, Hero folds, UTG2 calls $0,95.

The flop was drawy and there were 2 opponents. Thus, I decided to check my overcards, according to the MSS chart. When BU bets, according to the chart I should fold. But I'm wondering if I have the right odds to call.

I have 6 outs to top pair and 1 out to backdoor flush draw. I discount the K:diamond: , as it may give a flush to my opponents. I don't think a hand like 52 is in play so I'm not afraid of the aces giving a straight. Therefore, total is 6 outs. According to the table of outs and odds, I have 3:1 odds to the river and 7:1 odds to the turn. Pot odds are 3:1, as I only have $0.50 left and the pot is 0.99+0.50 = 1.49.

Assuming my calculations are right, what should I have done?
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello,

If you decide between betting and c/c, then it is ofcourse better to bet so therefore if you check, one should check/fold. Furthermore you might have 6 outs but that is only 12% equity at best since people can have flushdraws which reduces your equity.

so I would either check/fold here which is recommended or shove as a bluff.

Best regards,
      Gerv