Elertar
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      UTG2
      MP2
      BU

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG2 calls $0,02, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0,08, 2 folds, BU calls $0,08, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,30, UTG2 calls $0,28, MP2 folds, BU calls $0,22.

Flop: ($0,99) 9:diamond: , 4:diamond: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 checks, BU bets $0,95, Hero folds, UTG2 calls $0,95.

The flop was drawy and there were 2 opponents. Thus, I decided to check my overcards, according to the MSS chart. When BU bets, according to the chart I should fold. But I'm wondering if I have the right odds to call.

I have 6 outs to top pair and 1 out to backdoor flush draw. I discount the K:diamond: , as it may give a flush to my opponents. I don't think a hand like 52 is in play so I'm not afraid of the aces giving a straight. Therefore, total is 6 outs. According to the table of outs and odds, I have 3:1 odds to the river and 7:1 odds to the turn. Pot odds are 3:1, as I only have $0.50 left and the pot is 0.99+0.50 = 1.49.

Assuming my calculations are right, what should I have done?
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello,

If you decide between betting and c/c, then it is ofcourse better to bet so therefore if you check, one should check/fold. Furthermore you might have 6 outs but that is only 12% equity at best since people can have flushdraws which reduces your equity.

so I would either check/fold here which is recommended or shove as a bluff.

Best regards,
      Gerv