[NL20-NL50] 50nl QJ 3bet pot

• mariaprodanova
      mariaprodanova
      Bronze
      Villain is a 18/14, AF 2.0, Agg% 24, 7.4 3bet reg, 1.4k hands. 3bet in BB 10%

The stats dont seem to show that, but I had the impression he was very aggressive. I thought for sure he's 3betting wide and also cbetting as a bluff in a 3bet pot.

He did and so I called with TP. I could be dominated but I think he's polarised there and might not be 3betting AQ, KQ, but rather low suited aces and kings, maybe pairs and even randoms.

On the turn JJ has me beat, but it's less likely so I was hoping he has KK/AA, or keeps bluffing.

On the river KK/AA beats me, is it a bad call anyways. I don't remember why now, but I thought he's perfectly capable of barreling 3 times as a bluff, but wouldnt do it often. But if he had KK/AA he might be afraid of a set and not bet this way - either shove or check/call or probably even check/fold.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($35.60)
      BB ($49.25)
      UTG ($46.60)
      UTG+1 ($42.20)
      CO ($54.95)
      Hero ($96.50)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.25, fold, BB raises to $4, Hero calls $2.75

FLOP ($8.25) 7:heart: Q:diamond: 2:spade:

BB bets $4, Hero calls $4

TURN ($16.25) 7:heart: Q:diamond: 2:spade: J:club:

BB bets $8.75, Hero calls $8.75

RIVER ($33.75) 7:heart: Q:diamond: 2:spade: J:club: 7:diamond:

BB bets $19, Hero calls $19
  • 2 replies
    • JorgeTeixeira
      JorgeTeixeira
      Bronze
      I think you also should look for 3-bet vs CO, since 3-bet in BB much me higher due to the 3-bets vs BU and not as higer vs CO.

If if you think he was capable of bluffing 3 barrels, I think it was a horrible call with JQ.

I think cold call with monster would be better vs him and I would 4-bet JQ. You have some blockers and he is 3-betting light :)

I would think "ok" the call if he was easy to float.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      bu vs bb I think it can´t be too bad call being ip pf, but then you likely also have to call him down if you hit your tp hand, since he would very often going to barrel there.
      Since you´re not afraid to any river card I like calling turn and shoving on blank river. Since 7 is not complete blank and now 7x, KK/AA would beat you I think just calling him down is fine. But calldown is quite mandatory, since he would likely bluff that spot KT, AK, T9 and sometimes random 3-betting hands that he is going to fire 3-barrels