[NL2-NL10] NL2 55 set

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      think my bet sizings are quite off, also what about his turn overbet?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,94
      CO:
      $4,28

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:spade: , 5:club:
      CO raises to $0,08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,17) A:club: , K:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,06, Hero raises to $0,19, CO calls $0,13.

Turn: ($0,55) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,34, CO raises to $1,57, Hero raises to $1,67 (All-In), CO calls $0,10.

River: ($3,89) 6:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,89
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Preflop - we have odds OOP and the villain isnt a stealer on our 44 hand read, so fine to draw at a set.

Flop - I like to donk here. Sometimes it convinces villains we are on a weaker ace and they might be inclined to raise us. Sure, we lose a cbet from say 99-JJ on this flop, but when you hit a set you arnt here to win a cbet - you want to play for stacks. So donk-raise-shove for me.

Turn - no checks, good bet, bet size is fine / slightly small. You are still playing bet-shove, villain may easily have two pair to pay us with here.

NH, WP.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Flop: Why do you Check/Raise so smallish? Definitely have to do it bigger, ~$0,35 would be mine which means pot size. :)

As played
      Turn: I'd still bet a bit bigger here and also of course on flop to make it ready to shove on river. Or unless we have to overshove the river. :( But of course as played going broke.

Best regards.