This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 55 set

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      think my bet sizings are quite off, also what about his turn overbet?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,94
      CO:
      $4,28

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:spade: , 5:club:
      CO raises to $0,08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,17) A:club: , K:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,06, Hero raises to $0,19, CO calls $0,13.

Turn: ($0,55) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,34, CO raises to $1,57, Hero raises to $1,67 (All-In), CO calls $0,10.

River: ($3,89) 6:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,89
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Preflop - we have odds OOP and the villain isnt a stealer on our 44 hand read, so fine to draw at a set.

Flop - I like to donk here. Sometimes it convinces villains we are on a weaker ace and they might be inclined to raise us. Sure, we lose a cbet from say 99-JJ on this flop, but when you hit a set you arnt here to win a cbet - you want to play for stacks. So donk-raise-shove for me.

Turn - no checks, good bet, bet size is fine / slightly small. You are still playing bet-shove, villain may easily have two pair to pay us with here.

NH, WP.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Flop: Why do you Check/Raise so smallish? Definitely have to do it bigger, ~$0,35 would be mine which means pot size. :)

As played
      Turn: I'd still bet a bit bigger here and also of course on flop to make it ready to shove on river. Or unless we have to overshove the river. :( But of course as played going broke.

Best regards.