Zero Degrees: A Gambler going Cool

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi All!
      Here I will share my life as a poker player and man in general. I'm in the mid 40's and live in northern Sweden. Started playing poker around 3-4 years ago. Never got any consistancy in it until this Juni when I started playing everyday, many hours. Went from $30 to $500 in 3 weeks. That includes a $300 Tilt give away (Strange, I followed the Bank Roll guidelines and moved up some limits whenever I got below 300 BB's :f_biggrin: ) This was on Full Tilt though and when July came I didn't have any money to buy chips with. Got some later that month and "discovered" Pokerstars! Put some into William Hill too, in order to get strategy points. Unfortunately I was examining the negative effects of excessive beer drinking at the time, so I lost around $400 :s_confused:

Around 3 weeks ago I won $2.25 in a freeroll on Pokerstars and knew my fellow players there had gotten into serious problems :s_biggrin: . Have played there daily since and have $100 now plus bonuses. This month is the Mega Vip month and the requirements for the VIP levels are 10%. I'm Platinum there and if all goes according to plan; will stay that way. Put in $25 to WH later and got it to $110.

-But wtf is the guy playing???
      I play microstakes Fixed Limit, mostly shorthanded. Optimum for me now seems like 3 tables. My focus is on learning, not earning right now. And both can be done at the same time luckily :s_grin: .

-So, what's new?
      I have decided to do things the right way this time. This mean:
      Study the theory (the lessons here)
      Analyze my play after sessions
      Attend coachings
      Inducing optimism and confidence in my fellow strategist's here by posting crappy plays in the Hand Evaluation Forum :f_biggrin:

Have also started to study tournaments. And No Limit; joined the beginners course. But I will study FL mainly for some time now.

This evening I'm playing 2 freerolls: $30k and $100k, so keep your fingers crossed. Have lost whatever skill I had before in tourneys. Starting to get them back however. Maybe hard to keep concentration on 2 things (FL and Tourneys) simultaneously? I mean, I'm just a man after all! :s_biggrin:

Think this is enough for now.
      Cya and GL in All!

ZeroDegrees :s_cool:
  • 144 replies
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeroDegrees I'm in the mid 40's
      :f_thumbsup: Us wrinklies have to stick together. Good luck.
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hehe :D , yeah and Thx!
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Hey there, good luck crushing the FL SH field :)
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Kitos (thx) taavi!
      The tourney's last night didn't work for me at all. Hadn't my heart in it. Went out with QQ's against a JTo bluff on the flop; JJ came. The cash game today was good though. Got 120 BB's on around 4 hours play, 3-4 tables low stackes. Have started learning some. Most time I feel like I've have no clue. But also most times you're not absolutely sure about your opponents holdings; you play what you believe wins the most.

Have started running! Did a short session of that an hour ago! It's really great. Ladies in cars stopped and smiled and waved and boys cheered in open admiration :f_biggrin: . Currently I'm playing to get a gym card. Started moving iron this summer, but last month beer showed up and money said goodbye. I do recommend training to all, just do it with moderation so it's fun. Gotta love those endorfins.

Am really looking forward to the SH FL Silver coaching on Tuesday! Will be my first FL coaching. Wonder how much I've lost because missing that before and studying? Brrrr! Cya!
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Put my blog posts wrong, copying here. 30 Aug 2011 05:51

Originally posted by ZeroDegrees
      Woke up 4.30 am and felt rested. Have nothing scheduled for today, so I have much time for studying. Currently Im playing at WH to keep gold status. Yesterday's play was decent for my skill level. Lost 30 BB's on one table quickly at the start. Nothing held up and the opponents noticed that too and could play successfully with otherwise beaten hands. My best move that session was to leave. Got in the zone on another table and made 30 BB's there. Played 3-4 tables. Totally I lost a little; 12 BB's, but broke just above even with a bonus.

Played under bad conditions: can't afford to lose because I need to make some withdrawals which leads me to watch my stack all the time. Bad! And, I was forced to play at the site for the sp's. Almost cleared the gold req's now anyway. Still Im in a non optimal spot because of the withdrawals. They're for a gym card and tobacco and are very prioritized :f_grin:

Plans for today:
      Play
      Lessons
      Hand reviews
      Running
      House Maintenance and hopefully some video tonight if all has gone well.
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hey ZeroDegrees,

Wish you best of luck with your plans for today :)

Ingrid
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      30 Aug 2011 22:15

Thx Ingrid!
      Started gr8 at 5 FR, 1 SH (Pokerstars) but lost concentration and got sloppy, down 25 BB's. Followed this up by tilting badly due to running really bad at WH, -75 bb's. Furiously refused the running and thinking it all suckedsmile . Watch some funny videos here and got rid of the bad mode. Learned a lot from a strategy video by Water boat. Have marked him as "Dangerous" in my notes, so I'm prepared. The video can be found under 'fun and off-topic': post 'funny videos'. Must have been posted in the wrong section. There u can find a video about rly hungry dog toosmile 'ultimate dog teaser'.

Read some old lessons, taking them in turn from the top. Did a little running. Not the same attention now, but a 60+ woman said hello as I passed her at mach 2 fish biggrin . Watched Lion King 2 and took a nap. Won at stars and wh tonight and broke around even totally. First real coaching now, -TerrorBlade! Night and cya!
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      Woke up 4.30 am and felt rested. Have nothing scheduled for today,
      What!!!!! you have nothing scheduled and you woke at 4.30 am!!!! If I have nothing scheduled I wake around midday!! :)

Good luck with your poker will be following your blog :)

Roo
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Living da life roo :f_biggrin:
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Ran rly bad this morning, 80 bb's back. Didnt play that bad at start, but tilted later. Watched water boat's video to get lost of steam, Funny Videos Love that movie. Played some more at a water world poker site and got sucked out. But then I remembered water boat! I was prepared and warmed up now, so I just got in there. I got in there and we took it down :s_grin: . Some examples of water world poker:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $35,89
      BB:
      $21,46
      MP2:
      $7,24
      Hero:
      $12,47
      CO:
      $7,39
      BU:
      $22,86

0,25/0,5 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 calls, Hero raises, 3 folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6,40 SB) K:diamond: , Q:club: , T:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (4,20 BB) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

River: (6,20 BB) J:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6,20 BB

Can anyone guess what villain is playing on?

Results follow (highlight to see): Hero shows (Qs Qd) BB shows en stege kung hög (9c 7d) BB wins with en stege kung hög (9c 7d)

Since I have many gears, I shifted to upper ladder and started getting in to their minds :s_confused:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $6,59
      BB:
      $17,62
      MP2:
      $36,49
      MP3:
      $28,53
      CO:
      $10,24
      Hero:
      $6,14

0,25/0,5 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:club: , 6:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4,40 SB) A:diamond: , J:club: , 3:club: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets, CO raises, Hero calls, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5,20 BB) 9:club: (3 players)
      MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (8,20 BB) 8:club: (3 players)
      MP3 bets, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10,20 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Kh 3d)
      Hero shows en färg knekt hög (Tc 6c)

Hero wins with en färg knekt hög (Tc 6c)

Got my gym card yesterday and did some lifting. Now I'm hoping for some tobacco, can only afford 1 package. Will need some more food later too. But it's OK, can borrow from a friend probably.

On a more serious note I really need some help: It seems as I need 75% win probability in all hands just to break even. Has been this way many times. Have serious trouble handling this. I solved it well today by seeing it like water boat poker and that worked. I don't suck for my limit, I win. But can it never be a little more easy? Any feedback on this is welcome thankfully.

Night
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Argh, that got messy. Original posts under 'Promising Morning'.

EDIT Have copied and pasted it now for clearity.
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Since my new start in aug 13

[img]<a href="http://imgur.com/0qDhD" title="Hosted by imgur.com">http://imgur.com/0qDhD.png</a>[/img]

I fix this l8r, havent found out how to post it better yet
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Am I lost :) will need to reread your blog !!! :)
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      -dont multitable when losing
      -start 1 table, then more if it works
      -fack the bonuses
      -lessons, min 1/day and vids 3/week min
      -quizzes after silver, then vids

You can't raise for value with top pair/overpair when an opponent donks after the flop was capped in a multiway pot.

Way to go. Playing too many tables is just horrible when you are loosing too much. You will just continue loosing and even faster and of course wont play your A-game which is the most important. -veriz

-A raise on the turn is rarely a bluff.

-get a daily routine, fixed times, goals

-keep praying for roo's wife and kids to get the strenght they need :f_biggrin:
      Seriuosly, i love u man!

Sofar:
      5 silver lessons
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Amen :D

I stay away from multi-tabling at the moment too, only playing 1 or 2 tables at a time, it deffo makes a much better result for my win rate, have played only 1200 hands this month as a result, but im running at 42bb/100 and when I played 4 tables was running 5bb/100 lol.

Roo ( husband of long suffering wife and children :) )
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Good day for me today! Ran gr8 this morning, up 85 BB's. And played well. As for most players my problem is playing well when running bad. Best to just quit then after some attempts. An example of some 'free' chips u get when in the zone:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $25,9
      Hero:
      $16,6
      MP2:
      $18,4
      MP3:
      $40,35
      CO:
      $5,5
      BU:
      $13,7

0,5/1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:diamond: , 4:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls, BU calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (4,00 SB) Q:club: , 7:spade: , 4:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, CO raises, BU calls, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, CO caps, BU calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8,00 BB) 3:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets, CO raises, BU calls, Hero calls.

River: (14,00 BB) 4:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets, CO calls (All-In), BU calls.

Final Pot: 17,00 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows (Kd Kc)
      BU shows (7h 5c)
      Hero shows en kåk, fyror över sjuor (7d 4d)

Hero wins with en kåk, fyror över sjuor (7d 4d)

Nothing to it, just thank and remember during rainy days. (just in case any "judge" drops by: not meant as an example of good/bad play, but of running good)

Real value for today however was 2 Silver lessons I studied and above all Boomers video intro to his micro surgery series. So thankful for his sharing. It's like studying for professors. Done that btw *crow, crow*. So, now Im trying to learn to play. Have mostly grinded in machine mode b4. And to roo (my reader :D ): ur wife doesnt seem to suffer, she seems very happy. Think ur involved in that somehow?! But hey, Im single, what do I know?

Yea, another thing, cashed in a rake race for the first time. Gonna watch rest of 'Krull' now, no Oscar candidate, but it's OK. Was thinking about playing some tonight but made a good fold. Would probably won some, but Ive worked hard some time now and need the rest. Maybe I would lose all as well.

Lesson: fack bonuses, races, vip and all that. Thats just how I need to look at these things now. I still consider them ofc and should, but have squandered lots of chips emphasizing them. Like lose $100 to get $10. Lost $85 this Sun just going for the race. JUST QUIT WHILE LOSING YOU DONKEY! ARE YOU TOTALLY DERANGED??? That's a memo to myself only if someone wonders. And in case any moderator misclicks and get here: thx for the race! They are gr8 ofc, I have to learn how to handle them, that's all.

Movie tip: The Abyss. If you like sci-fi, adventure, fantasy and romance.

Night
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      noticed your post in the downswing thread, keep your chin up dude it will pass :)
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      noticed your post in the downswing thread, keep your chin up dude it will pass :)
      Thx man, but that was 2 weeks ago, its good now
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Thx man, but that was 2 weeks ago, its good now
      lol never looked at the date!! doh! :)