Another Stab At Poker

• Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      Admittedly I'm not too sure if there is a purpose of this blog, other than me spewing my story and goals.

During my first run at poker I'd say I broke even in the end. Boredom was my biggest enemy. I learned to play SSS and eventually when I got more comfortable with my game I started to play more flexible and tried my hand at BSS. I did quite well, but then boredom took over. Coupled with some bad beats I let myself go on tilt. I squandered off all my winnings with very stupid plays and poor bankroll management. I swore that I wouldn't play poker again until I took a very long break completely away from the scene. It's been about 2 years now. I think break time is over.

I've just deposited $50 on a poker site a few hours ago and I've already played a modest sum of hands with moderate success. Ate a couple bad beats too already but that's fine. I'm still a head.

I'm going to really try and keep my emotions in check this time around. Once I get bored I am going to immediately exit and just do something else. If I find myself raging I am going to switch tables to lose that allurement of "revenge" against a specific player who just out played me. I also REALLY need to focus on bankroll management.

I plan to stick with cash tables too. No more straying away to SnG's or Tournaments. (Unless freerolls of course :f_love: ) I just really want to focus on improving my game and becoming a better player. I'm not going to set up and bankroll goals. I'm just going to focus on playing better.

See you at the tables!

In another note though:

It's been quite some time since I've played. Are there any good FREE programs that people can recommend for me to use? I never really used any my first time around and I think that was a tiny bit detrimental to my game.
  • 2 replies
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      Well I'd say I've had an amazing first 800'ish hands. Was off to a rough start but I seem to be getting better. Also luck has been on my side lately. I've sucked out once that recall, and have been sucked out against about 3x.

Still taking it kind of slow. This is just in 4 days 2 tabling. Went through some pretty rough emotional crap the past few days still am. (DUMPED BY GIRLFRIEND LOL) But yeah, hanging in there. :f_love:
    • mongomob
      mongomob
      Bronze
      why the LOL ???

just sayin...