7buy ins in 1 day

• TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Just a question does any1 else take flips while grinding the micros?

Maybe i'm taking too many?

Some guy just comes off As in the big blind and the next hand im in the BB against him he raises 5BB and re raise it standard with AK and he shoves all in with pocket Ts and I fail to draw out.

Another guy calls my 3bet when i have Ks and the flop comes dry and low i cbet he shoves I call he shows 7s I have him crushed. turn comes... 7

Another hand straight flush draw on the board i flopped the 2nd straight. I re raise 1 guy calls i bet turn calls again board pairs i check he rivers full house. Calls set on a straight flush board!?

Got cooler'd in set vs set board

All in pre pot JJ vs KKs and he flops the set..

and now im tilting like mad with 7buy ins down..

Should i just not take flips in the micros to ensuring i can keep building a bankroll?
  • 18 replies
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      Depends which strategy you are using. If you're using Short Stack, then by refusing to take "flips" you'll severely affect your profitability.

Post your hands in the "hand evaluation forums" and get an expert to tell you whether or not you made the right call in each situation.

Miss Variance is a utter bitch, though!
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Playing BBS. I just posted my hands after today's appauling session hopefully will correct my mistakes or the hand judge will tell me I'm the most unluckiest person in the world^^ hopefully just mistakes I can correct..
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Stop taking flips?

I'll flip my whole roll if I get QQ vs AK guaranteed.
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      dont avoid flips but try to put in as little favourite...or be the one who pushes to give villain some fold equiti
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      called running BAD!! happens to us all, it WILL turn around as long as you stick to good b/r mang. honest :)
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Lost like 4 flips in a day I thought it would turn around but kept losing pots. so just left and having donked off half my BR.. :f_mad:

Can't really avoid taking flips with QQ+ and depends on position but ill think about it next time about the fold equity thing but on NL2 i don't see many people folding.

There isn't much BR managment in NL2? only stop loss and stuff but can't help if it im losing flips pokers gods have been cruel! Anyways took this week off hope to study up and get back to the tables in a couple of days.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      What you have to understand is that your not making money by winning the big pots on coolers. You get it in with your AA and the other guy has KK you actually lost money to rake since the next time it will be the other way around. Long term you make money playing better then your opponents and on micro's that mostly means valuebetting super thin since they wont fold anything. Just play solid poker and dont spew around and you'll beat nl2 in no time.

And there's really no way to avoid short term variance. Sometimes you just run like shit for a week. And not getting it in with AK or QQ is pretty stupid, especially on NL2 where they can show up with almost anything.
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      What you have to understand is that your not making money by winning the big pots on coolers. You get it in with your AA and the other guy has KK you actually lost money to rake since the next time it will be the other way around. Long term you make money playing better then your opponents and on micro's that mostly means valuebetting super thin since they wont fold anything. Just play solid poker and dont spew around and you'll beat nl2 in no time.

And there's really no way to avoid short term variance. Sometimes you just run like shit for a week. And not getting it in with AK or QQ is pretty stupid, especially on NL2 where they can show up with almost anything.
      This
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TeddyTaiwanShould i just not take flips in the micros to ensuring i can keep building a bankroll?
      If u want a small sample i can post you my 6m graph of NL2 when i was 24 tabling. Not sure it will help that much.
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Originally posted by MatejM47

I guess this is true but on micros like you said there's no way im not getting it in with AK and QQ+. Depends on Villain really. Usually ive seen regs shove against like 4 - 5 limpers with AA or KK hoping some1 will call with junk.

I've seen some 1 shove AJs from CO and BB calls with K4o ?(

Really Depends on opponents.. as for bet bet bet when I have a hand I don't find many people pay me off unless your hand is super disguised.

I dunno Hopefully I can start improving and rebuilding on Thursday
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      I tried 24 tabling nl2fr for like 3 hours
      I went broke preflop with JJ+,AK vs fishes, QQ+,AK vs tags, KK,AA vs like 10/7 guys. Also went broke with a good draw (fd+sd occasionally) on flop, tptk, set, didn't cbet turn when got called bc they like to call down when hit.

• pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TeddyTaiwan
      Can't really avoid taking flips with QQ+ and depends on position but ill think about it next time about the fold equity thing but on NL2 i don't see many people folding. .
      What kind of flips can you do with QQ+ except for QQ vs. AK ? lol
      You WANT to get it in with QQ+, its not a flip
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      What's most likely to have happened here is a combination of variance, mega tilt and leaks ( and/or playing style that's unadjusted to the micro stakes). Check out the thread I started, I had the same problem. If you skip the initial trolling there's a healthy portion of good advice in there from the community: NL4 Party (almost) has me defeated - advice? [Stats&Graphs inside]

Work on your game, don't tilt (know when to quit, don't rage over lost coinflips), and watch videos. Google "13 Scariest Small Stakes Leaks Of All Time - Przytula - Poker Video" and watch it, I'm sure you'll benefit from it. The humour is quite cheesy, but the advice is really useful.

Good luck
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      And again today dropped a couple of buy ins vs a mega maniac

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2.72
      UTG1:
      $3.73
      Hero:
      $2.07

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , J:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 4 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.07) T:heart: , 2:heart: , 2:diamond: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.05, UTG1 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.30, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.72) 8:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $1.82, Hero calls $1.75 (All-In), UTG1 gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($4.22) A:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.22

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG1 shows two-pair, aces and deuces (Ah 4h)
      Hero shows (Jh Js)

UTG1 wins with two-pair, aces and deuces (Ah 4h)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.87
      Hero:
      $2.21

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 5 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) T:diamond: , 9:diamond: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.34) 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.72, Hero calls $0.72.

River: ($1.78) 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.99 (All-In), Hero calls $0.99.

Final Pot: $3.76

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qs Qd)
      SB shows a full-house, deuces full of nines (Ah 2d)

SB wins with a full-house, deuces full of nines (Ah 2d)

dunno why i called on the river tbh... should have got it in on flop :f_cry:

AA lost to TT all in pre.
      QQ came up against AA twice.

fml.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      First hand horrible played, limping behind and let him see a flop... Raise to atleast 5x here on nl2 preflop.

2nd hand... overplayed overpair.
    • jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      Should raise to $0.10 preflop 1st hand.

Also you shouldn't be complaining about losing all-ins with the best hand, and QQ vs. KK or AA is kind of unavoidable unless you really know the villain, so don't worry about it.

Btw, where do you play? I need more fish like in those 2 hands :s_cool:
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Both hands you could have played better (raise JJ preflop, raise the small donkbet w/ QQ overpair, etc.).

However, your villains played horribly with almost zero equity. And you know it.

Guess what: they playing like this is the way you make money in poker. So you have to thank them for playing like this.

If they have 10 percent in equity, that's nothing, but they still win 1/10 of the times. The 8 surplus is where you make the money, so there is just one way to solve it: keep playing.

And 24 tabling NL2? Sorry, but that's a certain way of not improving your game. Mass tabling shouldn't be done before you have a solid game for small or even midstakes - because I think your goal should be improving your game, not on robot-printing coffee money. But anyway, this is a hobby afteral so I guess you should just do whatever makes you happy.
    • minibiff
      minibiff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      First hand horrible played, limping behind and let him see a flop... Raise to atleast 5x here on nl2 preflop.

2nd hand... overplayed overpair.
      This.