[NL2-NL10] NL2 small-ball with TP

• Pilks7
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , T:heart:
      7 folds, BU raises to $0.08, SB folds, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.18) Q:spade: , 6:spade: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.54) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.54) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.32, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0.86

Obviously by the turn I had to check because of the flop aggression, and on the river again, had to check, as it seemed like such a big flop bet may have been some raggy ace, possibly even A4 or A6. So my only option to play this better is preflop or on the flop. Preflop I think my decision was ok, plus I had been raising a fair amount from the blinds. So on flop, could I have raised the pot sized bet there with QT? It was a fishy bet size, but I think I wanted to play it a bit Hellmuth here and not go crazy with an okish TP. ?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Pilks7,

Preflop: Against that stack fold it preflop. :) You can't play it profitable here. Also you will be OOP.

As played
      Postflop: Against that kind of full pot-size bet it's kinda marginal. The problem is that we will never know where we stand with our hand on turn. Also there might be overcards which kill our action. I guess myself I'd just fold right on flop without knowing the opponent and how often he does CBet and how he does CBet. But as played turn & river nothing much to do, we are most likely beat and maybe even by some slowplayed hand.

Best regards.