variance my ***

• manyhands
      manyhands
      Bronze
      first thing first i am not the best poker player and do not claim to be but i now enough about
      the odds of diffrent hands to now that when i play a hand 70% to 80% of the time i will be ahead pre flop and am verry hapy to throw hands away if i feel i am behind on the flop i play tigh and agresive but am getting sick of variance being blamed for every bad beat

i have just watched (Pokerstars Rigged Please watch?? ) post and agrea totaly (I THINK THE ODDS OF WINNING THAT MANY HAND WITH THEM CARDS ARE IN THE 1000s )

sky poker is the same and the player that wins all the time strangly is allways sat in the same seat and stays on the table for the same amount of hands every time and when chalenged never responds ie is a robot

then when you are not contending with rigged players you have to deal with idiots that play any cards and win and there are that many if you dont lose to one you will lose to the other

there should be a test before you can join the poker site

can you play poker small stakes any were and in order to build up bank roll and not get riped of please help
  • 17 replies
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      You can do it just dont TiLT...

Well i started this poker 2 weeks ago with $20
      (after withdrawing large part of it)

Im on tilt yesterday n lost about $12.
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      i wanted to explain some things to you,but i realised is just extravagantly futile.

you are stupid.

OP's in these threads are always basic/bronze,i never saw a diamond or a black member making a post like this
    • manyhands
      manyhands
      Bronze
      no not at all i am willing to lisen to any advi and big enough to admit if i am wrong

please any advice graetfully reseaved
    • manyhands
      manyhands
      Bronze
      :)
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by manyhands

and for starting threads on this site
    • manyhands
      manyhands
      Bronze
      everton asking for help not silly coments
    • ulairiiii
      ulairiiii
      Bronze
      Originally posted by furculision
      i wanted to explain some things to you,but i realised is just extravagantly futile.

you are stupid.

OP's in these threads are always basic/bronze,i never saw a diamond or a black member making a post like this

+1 lol..you couldnt mention it better
    • manyhands
      manyhands
      Bronze
      sory if my last post was not clear
      i am asking for help and am not being funny in
      any way

is there a good site to build up a bank roll
    • mightyshivan89
      mightyshivan89
      Bronze
      you are at the best...pokerstrategy.com!
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Manyhands

I merged the 2 threads , there is no point having multiple threads.

The first thing you have to accept is by going on a poker forum and stating that the sites players are playing on are rigged without any proof, you will get trolled and dissed.

That put a side, the site where you play does not matter, variance will be there; it is the simple random element of shuffling the deck of cards. People will suck out on you. What makes you a better poker player is to accept it and be able to move on when it happens and persevere in putting your money in when you are ahead eventually money will flow your way. Yo uthink you are running bad just have a look at this blog:

Liar Dice – Three Thousand Imaginary Dollars... won't pay for my massage

Go through the last few pages. You will see that hte OP is running over 100BI below EV. Now that's hurt but despite that he is persevering and money wise in the green.

So to summarise, if you lose a big pot, review it if you are not sure about your decision post it in the hand evaluation forum. If you are sure you made the right decision just move on and be happy with your decision.

Regards

Thazar
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Pokerstars is best imho. Study the lessons etc and don't play until you can see clearly. No more or less well known site is rigged!!! It just may seem so sometimes.
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      So tell us the logic behind your accusation. Why would Pokerstars favour a player and not the other? To pay more rake? How? Just the random shuffling of cards creates all kinds of situations; no need to manipulate them in order to encourage people to play.

Do you think the favoured players know they are favoured? There is no good answer to this question. If they do, why are they playing micro stakes? And it's a serious offence from pokerstars which they wouldn't do considering they're running a multimillion business.

If they don't, that's even more absurd. If the cards will be set up in a way to make one particular player win and he doesn't know that, he might fold. Hardly a smart plan.

Stop crying. It's a card game. You can instead post your hands in the evaluation forums and get a judge to help you with your game. Or go to the downswing forum and whine over there like I do :D but these posts about poker being rigged are just f****** stupid.
    • manyhands
      manyhands
      Bronze
      ok thank you i will stop complaining now and just play poker thanks for your advice

we all get tilted somtimes

sory
    • Grokken
      Grokken
      Bronze
      Originally posted by manyhands
      first thing first i am not the best poker player and do not claim to be but i now enough about
      the odds of diffrent hands to now that when i play a hand 70% to 80% of the time i will be ahead pre flop and am verry hapy to throw hands away if i feel i am behind on the flop i play tigh and agresive but am getting sick of variance being blamed for every bad beat

It's either variance or bad play from your part.

i have just watched (Pokerstars Rigged Please watch?? ) post and agrea totaly (I THINK THE ODDS OF WINNING THAT MANY HAND WITH THEM CARDS ARE IN THE 1000s )
      There are billions and billions of poker hands being played online, even if the odds are in the thousands it WILL happen. The odds of winning the lottery is almost zero, but that doesn't mean nobody ever wins it. Running bad doesn't prove poker is rigged.

sky poker is the same and the player that wins all the time strangly is allways sat in the same seat and stays on the table for the same amount of hands every time and when chalenged never responds ie is a robot
      I can't comment on this, I don't play on Sky Poker.

then when you are not contending with rigged players you have to deal with idiots that play any cards and win and there are that many if you dont lose to one you will lose to the other

can you play poker small stakes any were and in order to build up bank roll and not get riped of please help
      You should be very happy for playing against idiots that play any two cards. Bad opponents means better winrate for you if you are adjusting properly. If your opponents are playing any two cards you should study how to play against such opponents, so you can abuse them for maximum profit.

You might want to check out this article:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1568/1/

There are similar articles for other game types too if you dont play NLHE BSS
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      How happy am I that my blog is cited as an example of extreme runbad! :D
    • ulairiiii
      ulairiiii
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64

rofl
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      I did not have a better example at hand, but I cited it more as an example of great mindset than as an example of run bad ;)