This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

maximum brain damage - THE BLOG

• maxibrada
      maxibrada
      Bronze
      Hello Poker World!

So i decided to start my own blog. I have several reasons for that. First of all, i have noticed that some of the guys who have their own blogs have made serious progress in their game, climbed limits like hell, etc. There is a huge contribution of community in almost every case. As we know poker is rather a game of huge volumes needed to beat variance and reduce the importance of cards dealt to you. To maintain volume you really need some motivation. I cannot sometimes find that motivation to play so i am hoping that discussion / community intervention will help me here a lot :)
      Major reason is ofc to climb up limits, make some cash, enjoy the game and life.

About me: 24y old atm. Born in southern Slovakia, struggled some time (5yrs) on University in Brno (IT stuff) where i am still struggling with my last math exam before grad. For about last one and a hlaf years i have been also working as UNIX sysadmin in Bratislava, beatiful capitol of my fatherland.
      Interested in IT, gadgets, 70s blues-rock music, good movies.. hmm basically iam interested in everything just life is too short to take the interst seriously. I have never busted my roll, nor have i never earned anything (B/E Limbo driving me nuts...)

I became poker-curious after i have decided to quit MMORPG i have played before. The game had real cash economy, which means that in-game currency was convertible with USD and has fixed rate. I shipped some 2k$ only by playing on my PC, which was a highly enjoyable experience. Thats where poker has popped in as a natural choice of something that can be done at home and still bring some moneyz. Luckily enough for me i stumbled accross this site (with a little help of my fellow friend). 50 buck starting capital seemed reasonable so i instastarted playing on Pokerstars.. i was B/E for long time.. then got bored and decided to move my roll to Bwin. It was quite juicy there. i ahve managed to climb up to nl30 and even try a few shots on nl50 which was a tipping point. After that one shot i kept falling all the way down to nl10 where i struggled to climb back for quite a long time.
      Nevertheless i got really bored there too, surprisingly by too fishy tables. It was bad beat after bad decision and tilt and bad decision again..
      So i have changed the room once again. This time i moved my really humble nl10 roll to PartyPoker which brings us here. I realised that i have to become more steady in means of study, hand review, game focus etc. I have played there for about 1 month, roughly 30k hands and i am back to "b/e bu11shit". Huge contributors to that fact are tilt, classic micro-limit leaks in my play, fancy play syndrome etc.

My plans >

Crush microlimits comfortably
      Became able to grind nl100 hard
      Quit my current fulltime job and earn money by poker only
      + bonus goal > Inner peace...

in that order!

Oh this is my first post so far after 2 years of silence. So i guess this is my "Hello All" post :)

please leave a comment, i also love to feed the trolls.
  • 4 replies