Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $13.93
      Hero:
      $13.32

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , T:spade:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $1.20, BB folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.50) K:heart: , T:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.8, Hero calls $1.80.

Turn: ($6.10) K:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.25, SB calls $2.25.

River: ($10.60) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $10.60

Results follow (highlight to see):

Thoughts? Due to it being blind wars (iirc villain had a solid resteal%, so assume he resteals wider than a typical NL10 tagfish) I decided to float the flop. The turn king convinced me he probably doesn't have one and turns my float line into a value-bet, hoping for Tx type hands.

Street the river? Or take the free showdown, in case he is ice-cold slowplaying a big king / calling down a king with kicker trouble?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jaissica,

Preflop: What's the opponents 3bet? As I see he is definitely playable opponent. Why? Since he is easily giving up postflop, according his WTSD. What about his CBet flop/turn? According to that I'd act also. If they both are rather high then I might even prefer folding here be better. Also our JT ain't that great of a hand. Might only have few blockers. But of course depends what's the opponents 3bet?

As played
      Postflop: As your plan was preflop to overplay him postflop then you can't really fold it on flop. :) But as played I'd still bet a bit bigger on turn ~$3,50 to protect from any kind of draws. And most likely I'd Check it behind. We can't be sure that we even have fold equity against something like JJ/QQ or even AA.

Best regards.