This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 JJ - blind wars

• Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $13.93
      Hero:
      $13.32

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , T:spade:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $1.20, BB folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.50) K:heart: , T:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.8, Hero calls $1.80.

Turn: ($6.10) K:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.25, SB calls $2.25.

River: ($10.60) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $10.60

Results follow (highlight to see):

Thoughts? Due to it being blind wars (iirc villain had a solid resteal%, so assume he resteals wider than a typical NL10 tagfish) I decided to float the flop. The turn king convinced me he probably doesn't have one and turns my float line into a value-bet, hoping for Tx type hands.

Street the river? Or take the free showdown, in case he is ice-cold slowplaying a big king / calling down a king with kicker trouble?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jaissica,

Preflop: What's the opponents 3bet? As I see he is definitely playable opponent. Why? Since he is easily giving up postflop, according his WTSD. What about his CBet flop/turn? According to that I'd act also. If they both are rather high then I might even prefer folding here be better. Also our JT ain't that great of a hand. Might only have few blockers. But of course depends what's the opponents 3bet?

As played
      Postflop: As your plan was preflop to overplay him postflop then you can't really fold it on flop. :) But as played I'd still bet a bit bigger on turn ~$3,50 to protect from any kind of draws. And most likely I'd Check it behind. We can't be sure that we even have fold equity against something like JJ/QQ or even AA.

Best regards.