This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 A8o - overplayed?

• Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $11.29
      Hero:
      $17.33

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 8:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $1.20, BB folds, Hero raises to $3.00, SB calls $1.80.

Flop: ($6.10) J:spade: , J:diamond: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.9, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.10

Despite winning the pot I really felt exposed on this one. I am sure the villain is capable of resteal's but the flat to the 4bet makes me wonder - exactly what kind of fold equity do we have left with a pure-bluff cbet here?

I think I got quite lucky and should have just mucked the hand to the resteal.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jaissica,

Always rather know the opponent. What's his 3bet and etc before you decide even do go for a 4bet. Practically myself without knowing that I'd make a standard fold here preflop. But as played kinda close while he even flats the 4bet. What do you expect to make there to fold? What kind of range?

Best regards.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I do have 760 hands on this guy, so it wasn't a blind play -

3bet: 5%
      3bet from SB: 8%

Raise SB to steal: 20%

That and the table had wound down to 3handed, which makes all long-handed players (myself definitely a prime example) start playing bad ranges overly aggressively.

When you add a short table to his 20% resteal from SB it makes his range fairly wide. I figured I would lean on him with a 4bet and kick him out of the pot preflop, and his call was stunning. Having represented a genuine hand I felt almost obliged to fire a barrel post flop.

I figure he is folding any non paired hands except Jx, but I really don't think we could ever get a good estimate of his range, simply due to the table breaking up and this being the last hand dealt only 3 handed.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      3bet stats ain't that high but the raise to steal is a bit higher. Once again depends on the table dynamics but I do agree with your thoughts then. Keep in mind that he is capable of calling you down loose. :) Even vs 4bets which means it's not worth to 4bet against him at all.
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      jj7 thats a hard flop to barrel a 4bet call in pos....but yea, Ax he folds here....still doubt that thats a correct play preflop...but mixing it up is ok i guess:P