Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $11.29
      Hero:
      $17.33

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 8:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $1.20, BB folds, Hero raises to $3.00, SB calls $1.80.

Flop: ($6.10) J:spade: , J:diamond: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.9, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.10

Despite winning the pot I really felt exposed on this one. I am sure the villain is capable of resteal's but the flat to the 4bet makes me wonder - exactly what kind of fold equity do we have left with a pure-bluff cbet here?

I think I got quite lucky and should have just mucked the hand to the resteal.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jaissica,

Always rather know the opponent. What's his 3bet and etc before you decide even do go for a 4bet. Practically myself without knowing that I'd make a standard fold here preflop. But as played kinda close while he even flats the 4bet. What do you expect to make there to fold? What kind of range?

Best regards.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I do have 760 hands on this guy, so it wasn't a blind play -

3bet: 5%
      3bet from SB: 8%

Raise SB to steal: 20%

That and the table had wound down to 3handed, which makes all long-handed players (myself definitely a prime example) start playing bad ranges overly aggressively.

When you add a short table to his 20% resteal from SB it makes his range fairly wide. I figured I would lean on him with a 4bet and kick him out of the pot preflop, and his call was stunning. Having represented a genuine hand I felt almost obliged to fire a barrel post flop.

I figure he is folding any non paired hands except Jx, but I really don't think we could ever get a good estimate of his range, simply due to the table breaking up and this being the last hand dealt only 3 handed.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      3bet stats ain't that high but the raise to steal is a bit higher. Once again depends on the table dynamics but I do agree with your thoughts then. Keep in mind that he is capable of calling you down loose. :) Even vs 4bets which means it's not worth to 4bet against him at all.
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      jj7 thats a hard flop to barrel a 4bet call in pos....but yea, Ax he folds here....still doubt that thats a correct play preflop...but mixing it up is ok i guess:P