This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AK 200 bb deep

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($44.15)
      BB ($22.98)
      Hero ($38.44)
      BTN ($3.49)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:heart:

Hero raises to $0.60, fold, SB raises to $1.80, fold, Hero calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.80) 5:spade: 4:spade: 5:diamond:

SB bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80

TURN ($7.40) 5:spade: 4:spade: 5:diamond: 6:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $4.20, SB calls $4.20

RIVER ($15.80) 5:spade: 4:spade: 5:diamond: 6:spade: 2:spade:

SB bets $7.50, Hero folds

SB wins $15.01

40/19/1.9
      3bet 32 (19)
      60 hands

I didn't want to see a call so I didn't 4bet him preflop, because I will be in difficult situation post flop. But I guess I had to make 4bet because he could call with weaker hands. And if he 5bets I guess I have to fold. So another reason would be not to 4bet.

How do you think this should be played?

Now he cbets, but this could easily be a bluff, so I call.

On turn he checks, and I turn my hand into a bluff, but still don't know if I should against this fish. I did it because if I check, then he bluffing river often and I will have to fold.

River - this probably is not a bluff anymore so fold.
  • 2 replies
    • JorgeTeixeira
      JorgeTeixeira
      Bronze
      I think you should 4-bet pré-flop.

If you are afraid of him calling with worse (?) and not hit anything on flop, give a big 4-bet and leave him comited already on the flop.

- OOps! Even with the name thread I didn`t saw that you were deep

Call standard than. Flop stdd. river stdd. Turn I don`t know what I would do :\
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Call pf is fine, although against 40/19 I´m fine also to 4-bet/6-bet shove if he 5-bets, since he can do that with worse hands both for bluffs and for value+ he might always call being oop with worse hands
      Since 6s is not the best hand and you have showdown value I´d try to go on showdown. It is hard him to c/c you with worse hands and if he has there some kind of flushdraw he might always decide to bluff on blank river (although most of the times I think he would barrel with spades)