[NL2-NL10] nl2 - Flop Raise (v2)

• Philfox1985
      Villians c-bet on flop didn't feel very strong given its size, and I figured he will always bet here once checked too given his high AF.

Bit risky, and potentially spewy or not a bad way to mix up my play as it will work enough to be profitable?

Problem on this hand was that villian had shown strength pre-flop, so could quite easily have an over-pair. However I also put a fair few bluffs or lower PP's in his range that he would have to fold here.

Just to add, I'm not raising to c-bets every time. Just trying to pick my spots & try the odd move when it feels likely to work nicely. Am I better to be doing this with draws so at least if I get called I can get lucky and hit my outs?

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, 2 folds, BU raises to $0.21, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.45) J:heart: , 9:diamond: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.26, Hero raises to $0.63, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.97
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Philfox1985,

Preflop: What's the reason for calling here? For me it's seems like a standard spot to fold without any further information. :)

As played
      Postflop: True that his CBet looks kinda weak but is it worth to try that in 3bet pot and against an opponent who is going to showdown ~38% of the time? :) Should rather just fold it preflop!

Best regards.