[NL2-NL10] nl2 - AA lose all-in on river

• Philfox1985
      Felt play was fine until river - Edit: Probably should have bet turn bigger given draws out.

On river I was unsure on how to play, made a bit of a mess of it. I'm struggling to find a fold on such a nice card (I assumed), if I check I'm calling as I can't help but consider that missed flushes are in his range. As played, not sure what bet size was about, bit silly.

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.10, MP2 calls $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.32) Q:diamond: , 5:club: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.23, MP2 folds, BU calls $0.23.

Turn: ($0.78) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, BU calls $0.45.

River: ($1.68) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.38, BU raises to $0.81 (All-In), Hero calls $0.43.

Final Pot: $3.30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows a straight, five high (Ac 3c)
      Hero shows (As Ad)

BU wins with a straight, five high (Ac 3c)
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      i don't get your play, what's the point of the turn and river bet sizings? way ahead/way behind cheap showdown?

bet turn higher then you can easily ship river
    • Philfox1985
      Edited my post during your reply!

I agree that turn bet sizing was a bit small. Should have been around 75-80% of the pot given draws.

River I'm not getting away from my hand once I have committed that much, and on what I assumed was a brick.

Just noted villians low AF, so perhaps check/folding river could have been an ok play. He isn't bluffing a weaker hand.
    • Tomaloc
      i still think you should just play with the intention to ship it by the river if flushdraw doesn't complete/6 comes on R

while calling down would seem super strong against regular, against this guy... he seems to have very strong calling station tendencies (AF, WTS, also this hand is even an example) and from this kind of opponent you can even expect him to show up on the river with hands like Q2 or 88 ?( which he's never folding for some reason.
    • veriz
      Hello Philfox1985,

Preflop: Why do you raise so smallish? :P ~$0,16 would be mine. Maybe even bigger while being OOP and having so many limpers.

As played
      Postflop: If you want to Call like this on river anyways then why do you just bet the flop/turn bigger and gain better protection and ship the river yourself? :) And even as played I don't like the small bet, rather just ship it vs his stack.

Best regards.