[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR AKo, passive play 2 overs & gutshot, IP vs aggressive opponent in 3-bet pot

• Brevvy2190
      Had a very profitable session this evening, have to acknowledge I ran pretty well too though! You don't make 76.4 BB/100 without some luck though!

Gonna post a few hands for your perusal - most of them were winners, but this one I ended up folding.

Versus very aggressive opponent I felt happy to passively play my draws to the river for not too high a price. I think river fold was only option, while AK could even form a large part of this type of villain's range there's too much I lose to and I only really beat AJ and KJ.

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:spade: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 7 folds, SB raises to $0.26, BB folds, Hero calls $0.18.

Flop: ($0.54) Q:club: , T:heart: , 2:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28.

Turn: ($1.10) 8:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.56, Hero calls $0.56.

River: ($2.22) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB raises $0.96 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.18
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Brevvy2190,

Could have made even more? :)

Preflop: Why do you think he is going to 3bet you vs your UTG very loosely? I'd really be inclined to just fold my hand rather than Call here. Without knowing the opponents tendency.

As played
      Postflop: Even for the given odds I'd rather lay it down on turn. Might even do it on flop to avoid any further mistakes. We ain't getting the correct implied odds, we can never count any of our overcards as clean outs.

Best regards.